• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Polaris wheels on a Yamaha

NFLD-Nytro

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I've seen a few posts about this, so I figured seeing as I have a couple of Polaris wheels in my tickle truck I'd try it out. But the bearings are smaller on the Polaris and won't bolt on to the Yamaha mounts. What are you guys doing to make them fit?

NFLD-Nytro said:
I've seen a few posts about this, so I figured seeing as I have a couple of Polaris wheels in my tickle truck I'd try it out. But the bearings are smaller on the Polaris and won't bolt on to the Yamaha mounts. What are you guys doing to make them fit?

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... eel+skidoo

Also do a search for rockerdan, he has a great DIY for this.

I'm useing the older wheel out of the polaris ( out of the x 12 no mods just bolt on ) they got the 6205 bearings in them

I did the "rockerdan" wheel mod on my Attak.
I used 6 'doo mounts and 6 Poo wheels. 1200 miles on the sliders and they look great. No cracks in the rails. I also install the small wheel kit up front too.

NFLD-Nytro said:
09nytro said:
I'm useing the older wheel out of the polaris ( out of the x 12 no mods just bolt on ) they got the 6205 bearings in them
Do you mean out of the 2012's?
No like back in 97 with the extra 12 i use to ride polaris and have parts off them they are 25mm id and 135mm

09nytro said:
NFLD-Nytro said:
09nytro said:
No like back in 97 with the extra 12 i use to ride polaris and have parts off them they are 25mm id and 135mm
arent those wider bearings? requires modifacation to mount shoulder to center wheel between cogs. correct?

sgilbert said:
09nytro said:
NFLD-Nytro said:
09nytro said:
arent those wider bearings? requires modifacation to mount shoulder to center wheel between cogs. correct?

I just picked two up at the Polaris/Yamaha dealer here in town. The bearing numbers are the same. I'll try and get them mounted up later this evening.

I put Polaris wheels inside and out on my Apex MTX.

I used Polaris mounts outside the rails, bolt right on.

On the inners I had my machinist buddy mill a couple thousandths off the spacers on both sides on the inside the rails.

The fit is perfect and the wear to my hyfax is pretty well eliminated (although also I use ice scratchers to add additional cooling on iced trails).

Do it! Its a very worthwhile mod.

:Rockon:

09nytro said:
yeah the bearing in them are the same as the excell wheels
No they're not. They are 6205 and the Excell X wheels are 6005

Back