• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Preparing your sled for this season.

Mr.Johnson

I recently picked up this 2008 nytro. This will be my first 4stroke sled I have owned.
The sled has 2400 miles on it and I'm just curious as to what I should be doing to prepare it for the upcoming season. So far I have greased the skid, but what else?
I'm going to guess I could start with this.

Change both engine Oil and chain case oil.
check/new air filter
Belt?

But other than that what else should be looking at?

8B450DC3-orig.jpg

Since this sled is new to you, I would check to make sure your Floats are holding pressure. When I bought my floats used, I pumped them up and left them overnight to make sure they held pressure. Would hate to find out when I'm up ready for a ride. Make sure you put in some nice fresh gas as well. And maybe check to see how your carbides look. If you haven't yet, one of the first things I would install is a roll over valve.

Carbides are good, and I will check my floats to make sure they are holding pressure.

Roest- besides the bushings being made out of oillite. Is there anything different is the design?

Mr.Johnson said:
Carbides are good, and I will check my floats to make sure they are holding pressure.

Roest- besides the bushings being made out of oillite. Is there anything different is the design?

They are tight, stay tight and last a long time!

The oilite bushings are going to be heavier but will last a very very long time maybe even the lifetime of the sled. Heavier equals better quality and longevity thats why Yamaha sleds are a bit heavier you get what you pay for.

Check the sliders. They wear quickly in the frnt portion where the rails bend. Bogey wheels. Check your oil canister their are some whore stories of these things cracking around the bottom fitting when impacted on a hard surface.

Be warned some people on this site have too much money and do too much Internet sledding.
Fill with gas and ride the sucker.
Mine is stock with 18 40 gearing and I upgraded to the power claw 153. Havnt rode it yet with new track so can't give opinion on the new track. Never let me down and love how it handles and performs.

I am biased when I suggest this, but the best thing you can put on your Nytro is underbody/engine sump protection. When you see what is there now you will agree.

Back