• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pricing on Attak

hope4snow

Hey Fellas,
I'm thinking of jumping ship this year over to an Attak. No I'm not a complete newby, my first sled was a Yamaha. I'm trying to gather info on the best prices in the northeast. I live in NJ and ride in NY. I bought my current sled from White Lake Polaris and they just added Yamaha to their line up. They are A+++ as far as dealers go, they have been very good to me. I would like to stay loyal to them now I'm trying to figure out what kind of price I should try to squeeze out of them.

I paid $9,300 which included Michigan's 6% sales tax and any freight and setup that may be in that price.

A low price at snowcheck was $8899 ($10,399) list. But off snowcheck I think You have to pay $300 more. Plus if you like your dealer that could be worth an additional $100-200 IMHO.
Welcome and great choice, the 06 4 cylinders are fantastic!!
Got to ride the prototypes and I still say WOW!

Hey Hope4, I can't help you on price but check at SSR Powersports in Whitney Point, NY (Exit 7 of 81) they are also a Polaris - Yamaha dealer and trat me well. I also live in NJ and ride NY.
I know the reputation that White Lake has but they are just too far out of the way for me to deal with them. SSR is right off the exit so I can make a quick stop on the way to or from camp. If you ride around Old Forge White Lake is real convienient.
Where are you from? I'm in South Jersey near Vineland and we have a camp on Tug Hill.

Don at whitelake is A+ . I think he would be around 9,500. If that is were you ride buy it from him . service & warranty will get you're $$ back. buy the way he is one of the best tuners i know, he kicked assss with polaris & i cant wait to see what he does with YAMAHA.

I live in NWNJ, a little town called Green in the southern end of sussex cty near Allamuchy. I do ride in Old Forge so White Lake is convenient for me. Don is good at what he does. He did the jetting and clutch work on my xc700. I was stuck between an Attak and a Switchback 900 for a long time. I love the switchback set up, I just don't trust the 900 motor. They claim to have fixed it but at $10k do you really want to take their word for it. Don has been pushing me towards the SB900. He said the yamaha is very powerful and rides and handle really sweet but in the big ugly stuff the chasis and suspension can't perform to the level of the SB900. I'm not sure how to take that. Is he being straight up since he sells both lines of sleds or is he partial to the Polaris since he's had such success with them. I know he's ridden them both.

I have 30,000 collective miles on Polaris sleds the most recent being an 04 600 Classic w/ M-10 my wife rides that now. My 05 Rage is every bit as good on a bad weekend on Tug Hill as the Classic. The Attack can only be better!
Last year I was able to outrun a buddy on a 440 AC Sno Pro with a 700 top end in the rough stuff. He was amazed and said it looked like I was floating over the bumps while he was feeling every one as I passed him. This is on the old Pro Action skid that I find no problem with. The Mono shock is much better so I'm told.
I was going to buy a Fusion but decided against it due to a gut feeling after seeing them at the Polaris show in Allentown. I'm sure they are improved this year but would still not trust the 700/900 engines asa far as vibration goes.

Don has not had much seat time on the yamaha's . I have an 03 & 05 rx1 & an attack coming soon. I'm coming off an 02xc800 not to say that the polaris was a bad sled, but the yamaha motor is to die for. :rocks: :4STroke:

I hope the Monoshock skid is comparable with the M-10 or Ace. Even if its close I'll be happy. I saw atleast 5 03-04 RX-1's with M-10's in Canada last season. The owners were happy with this set up, but they were more excited about the Apex/Attack monoshock skid. I had limited saddle time on a prototype Apex/Attack/Nitro. I liked it, but I would have liked to put on a couple hundred miles to really tell. It was really warm at the dealer ride. (ski hill, artificial snow, and shorts). I ordered a Apex ER, I was that impressed :Rockon:

I could appreciate that the Attak will perform better then a edge set up. In all fairness to Don, I think his comparison of the two was comparing the attak to a SB900 inthe IQ chasis ans suspension.

The mono shock is no M-10. As far as comfort goes you still cant beat the m-10. I've been riding on one for 4 years now. I rode the mono last season and the hype aint what its cracked up to be. HOwever, Its still probably the best OEM out there.

I have broke a few m-10's & they have no weight transfer for hook up. that being said the m10 is the plushes ride out there for stutter bumps to mid size but don't hammer it to hard.

The M-10 is for our grampa's :tg:

Most of them could care less that it doesn't have any weight transfer :ORC

I haven't ridden either of the mentioned sleds but, I do have a '05 900 RMK and '03 RX-1 mtn on my trailer. Neither has had a problem in 950 miles (RMK) and 2200 miles (RX-1 mtn). That may not seem like many miles but, remember these are mountain sleds which see a much heavier load against the motor while riding in deep snow climbing steep terrain. My sled averages about 10 mpg and the RMK is slightly better. I contribute this to riding style though. I'm alot more agressive than my wife is.

With that being said; IMHO you can't go wrong with either. However, if we were sticktly trail riders my wife would probably be on a Yamaha 4-stroke because of the cost savings in not having to buy/haul your own 2-stroke oil (I run Blue Marble). The weight in the mountains was the deciding factor on a lighter yet comparably powered 2-stroke for her.

Jim

Back