• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary roller failures

NYTurbo

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
I know there was guys that were going through primary rollers like mad.

Did you figure out why and what was the fix ?

Nytro primary clutch was my fix.
I was going thru a set of rollers in one weekend with the sidewinder primary.
I had purchased g force rollers to put in the sidewinder primary but switched clutches instead. Saving the g force rollers in case I have to switch primary for some reason.

I'm not sure why some guys have trouble and some don't. I'm on the original set still at almost 5000 miles most of them at 260HP

Yeah not sure, gotta guy that can go through a set in 500kms

Friend and I both have switched to the old style RX-1 and Apex primaries. I don't even bother looking at the rollers any more I'm that confident.

Seems like some of the Winder primaries bind and just eat rollers, and some are fine. I don't get it either.

I went to Gforce rollers and so far have gone 1200 miles without issue with stock clutch. In my opinion, prolonged WOT is what ruins rollers. This motor seems to exhibit some sort of vibrant frequency at 8700-8900, and when held there for long distances, the weights hammer on the rollers spoiling the inner bushing.

Heavy Secondary spring pressure is a big problem. 14.5 rollers out of 2000 srx have more durability

I for one never had roller problems at 300hp for multiple seasons. Dunno if it was luck of the draw or the fact that I always had a steep helix? Also had Heavy Hitters in there.
Steeper helix mean that you put less weight per arms. Gforce is tuning whit this 45* cam for this reasons .
choosing component to keep parts in it, not my preference. 45* is definitely not for my riding style.
I have the gforce bushing in my REAL YAMAHA clutch . Big BIG difference over the SW clutch .

The ONLY one i see complaining about the old clutch on SW is HAUCK company. someone know why?

I think another thing to keep your eye on is the weight bushings. Had slop in mine after 4000 miles and changed them out. Much less play in them now. Also using Apex clutch btw.

I went to Gforce rollers and so far have gone 1200 miles without issue with stock clutch. In my opinion, prolonged WOT is what ruins rollers. This motor seems to exhibit some sort of vibrant frequency at 8700-8900, and when held there for long distances, the weights hammer on the rollers spoiling the inner bushing.
Mine spends a lot of time in the high 8's.

I was in the 'set of rollers per weekend' club for the past couple of years with my stock clutch. Ran an RX primary last year with much better results, but when I took a roller out on it a couple weekends back I decided to dig into this issue a bit more. I've made a few changes and discovered something that's working for me. The sled had done probably 50 long lake pulls since, as well as about 600 trail kms. Rollers are perfect, with the added bonus that the primary is now silent; the ridiculous rattling sound is completely gone.

I want to get more miles on this setup before I can decide if it is a viable long-term fix, but so far it has eliminated the 2 issues I had with the stock clutch.

I was in the 'set of rollers per weekend' club for the past couple of years with my stock clutch. Ran an RX primary last year with much better results, but when I took a roller out on it a couple weekends back I decided to dig into this issue a bit more. I've made a few changes and discovered something that's working for me. The sled had done probably 50 long lake pulls since, as well as about 600 trail kms. Rollers are perfect, with the added bonus that the primary is now silent; the ridiculous rattling sound is completely gone.

I want to get more miles on this setup before I can decide if it is a viable long-term fix, but so far it has eliminated the 2 issues I had with the stock clutch.
Ok I'll take a stab at it. Nylon washers outside the rollers?

Back