• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Frozen primary roller.

I replaced my primary rollers twice now. 2800 miles
Why? This doesn't make sense. My last two Yamahas never needed anything with the clutches after thousands and thousands of miles.

I guess my clutch is fine. I hit 165km/h this morning on the 17 LTX and the wife hit 110km/h on her 18 RTX.
These Sidewinders love to breathe the ice cold (minus 23) air up here.
I think the colder the better.

I guess my clutch is fine. I hit 165km/h this morning on the 17 LTX and the wife hit 110km/h on her 18 RTX.
These Sidewinders love to breathe the ice cold (minus 23) air up here.
I think the colder the better.
Yamaha said the LTX was faster , but not 55 klms faster .:dunno:

Yamaha said the LTX was faster , but not 55 klms faster .:dunno:
One thing she will not do, is drive the RTX fast. So, the 110km/h is her personal limit, not the sleds. I’ve had that one doing 152km/h. We are still breaking them in and I would have to believe the 18 RTX 50th is gonna beat the 17 LTX!

Why? This doesn't make sense. My last two Yamahas never needed anything with the clutches after thousands and thousands of miles.

I have no idea. Many yamahas as well and I have never seen this.

I have changed out a few rollers already, two were stuck (inner bushing) from inner bushing moving over. But the third one actually was spinning in an oblong manner from the bushing breaking. No idea why this is happening, and supposedly these are Yamaha parts. :o|

This thread is gona go up a lot this year....:-/.
I heard that the thunder one are not more durable. If someone find the magic solution :dunno:

probably my last year whit junk YAMAHA clutch

So....this all being said, has anyone tried cat clutch on a sidewinder?

Why weird? If their primary is better, why not try it. I know guys, buy stm. But I imagine Cat clutch is much, much cheaper.If......,they aren't blowing belts and lasting longer.

Im awaiting Pb80 results.....For the money, and long lasting ability and basically nothing can wear out, Im very intrested to see if KNAPP will do this mod.

Basically all the cost of the perf parts we put into a YAM clutch, we can buy a Pb80 entire clutch.

Oh yeah, no rattle either.

Dan

Why weird? If their primary is better, why not try it. I know guys, buy stm. But I imagine Cat clutch is much, much cheaper.If......,they aren't blowing belts and lasting longer.
I will say the one way bearing and self adjusting belt deflection has proven Much more durable in the ATV and UTV world. Night and day difference. Still think most issue with Yamaha clutches are due to secondary not keeping up with primary and causing belt whip at decel. That is really hard on everything.

Weird question!?!
All the 9000....... YESSS they have better clutch:hide: and they are under warranty!

No, the 9000 does not have a better clutch. They were all recalled for possible failure last season. Some of the Cat guys are removing them for STM's.

Three Cylinder four-stroke harmonics can just plain bang up clutch parts. Same thing on the 1200 Rotax, hard on clutches.

I don't bielive the pb80 stops the rattle. And I dought it'll perform better, but we'll see if it's being run by anyone hopefully they'll post there findings, good or bad.

Back