• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pump Fuel Apex to 18#'s ?

Has anyone installed bigger injectors on an Apex and ran 17-18#'s at Altitude on pump fuel, thinking about trying this on my Apex. I am running a Midmount 2871 with a Rapid Bike box, I am currently 18 #'s on approx 60% C12/40% Prem. I've run 50/50, but decided to be a little conservative. Sled runs awesome as is but would like to run mostly premium, would be nice to only have to throw in a gallon of race to be safe.

AA ;)!

I would pull a crap load of timing on top end if your going to try that. I think if you did you could get away with it if your running lower compression like 9:1 and pulled a lot of timing. I would pull at least 10 deg on top end.

sledfvr said:
How much headhsim do you have in it? I don't think I'd run anything at 18lbs on pump, unless I was at 20,000ft ;-)

I think my compression is 9.3:1, probably just stick with the set up I have, dont like to fug around with junk, not interested in meth injection.

I run it so does my buddy,buy it in Olds was $1.30 a liter last year.If sleds full when you leave and a full gerry can on back you really only need couple more cans for the weekend but a longer trip yah PITA for sure.I have meth injection too but how do you know if its workin properly??EGT sensor on each cylinder??

fullthrottle800 said:
I run it so does my buddy,buy it in Olds was $1.30 a liter last year.If sleds full when you leave and a full gerry can on back you really only need couple more cans for the weekend but a longer trip yah PITA for sure.I have meth injection too but how do you know if its workin properly??EGT sensor on each cylinder??

Been running the same set up for 3 seasons, might as well keep it simple and leave alone. :yam:

Has anyone tried AV gas? Curious if it would be lazy compared to 50%C12? When I run more than 60% C12 my sled is doggy, I am currently running 50% C12 and 50% Premium. thx

Duke

If you won't run meth, leave it.

Here in Norway (Sweden and Finland as well) we can get away with it because of the hi grade 93 premium pump fuel we run (98 octane RON).

Adrenaline Addiction said:
sledfvr said:
How much headhsim do you have in it? I don't think I'd run anything at 18lbs on pump, unless I was at 20,000ft ;-)

I think my compression is 9.3:1, probably just stick with the set up I have, dont like to fug around with junk, not interested in meth injection.

I love my meth injection. Easy to set up and you can add some timing down low and run stock from upper mid to top. Fairly cheap piece of protection for the money we have in our sleds. Call Dave at Hurricane, he's the man.

Back