• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Ended this Weekend... Minor Tunnel Creases... Fixable??

dbroaddu

I was rear-ended on my BRAND NEW Viper this weekend >(... If it was a few years old and already "weathered" I could just stomach it.... but do you guys have any advice on the best way to fix/replace this rear tunnel half?. Can i drill out these rivets and put in new ones with a new tunnel half or would I just risk making things worse, both cosmetically and structurally?

Thanks!

Attachments

• apture.JPG
    apture.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 193
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 172

Replacing the rear tunnel and rivets is done all the time when long tracking, so yes that is a viable fix. I would bet there are some shorty tunnels left over from thos conversions. Wasn't it Robertson Yamaha that was making the long track Vipers? If so they may have some left over shorty tunnels.

It adds character Thats just in the extension behind the suspension attachment points just make up a wild story about jumping a 20' drift at WOT :Rockon:

Oh by the way what does the face of the ding dong that hit you look like after this event? OOPS sorry it may have been your wife :o|

Yamadog said:
Oh by the way what does the face of the ding dong that hit you look like after this event? OOPS sorry it may have been your wife :o|

I'm sorry this happened!!
Lol, besides my wife and friends, if someone else hit me from behind, it would not look good for that guy! ;):D

That's the worst. Hate when guys tail gate. If you're going to replace the back of the tunnel, there is Carbon fiber tunnels you can put on with less weight. There is a company called Patrick Custom Carbon. His Number is 815-721-5150. I see you have the black tunnel so that would be a good fit for you. They only come in black. Mine is white, otherwise i would replace mine.

Tim,

Now I know why your so fast, fast friends & wife, and they make you lead!

John

Thanks guys I appreciate the inputs....

I had to laugh when you ask about the dudes face, yep I'd be lying to say my blood pressure didn't spike... except it was my good buddy who did it and he was sick over it... still is, he offered to trade me his viper (we both bought them new at the same time), however, I opted to deal with the rear end damage over the front end damage :\ He's says he HAS to make it right and will pay whatever it costs to get it fixed. We were sitting still, him behind me and all of the sudden he just launched into me, I never saw it coming. He says extra material on his sleeve/glove caught the throttle when he was reaching up somewhere.... anyway, the damage is done and I just have to get it fixed... it's the only thing I see when I walk by the sled. Darn thing only has 200 mile on it!!!!!

Yamadog said:

Funny you say that, about 5 years ago I was riding an Apex and the girlfriend was on the old version Viper. I stopped she didn't....BOOMMMM!. Jammed the Viper between the track and tunnel so far up the Apex I had to put the Apex in reverse and pin the gas to pop it out!

But its funny NOW. :jump:

It's not that bad just replaced mine cause i went to carbon fiber extension do yourself a favor and get a air rivet gun

It is pretty easy to do.

You will need some good 3/16" drill bits, aluminum rivets and some time and an air driven pop riveter.

You will want to change it as it mounts to your rear suspension drop bracket it may be stressing that bracket.

I have a white tunnel cap and if you phone Cody Robertson at Robertson Motorsports in swift current, they will likely have a black one if they did a black sled. I know they did a few white ones.

Not fun but I actually got hit on the left side while parked and pushed into trees. Viper may be totaled (in getting estimate). Friend of a friend hit me on his 2014 switchback, bad deal as I have the same as you but front tunnel is bent plus hood, side panel and more. Oh well no one was hurt and he took full responsibility.

Superfletch said:
Not fun but I actually got hit on the left side while parked and pushed into trees. Viper may be totaled (in getting estimate). Friend of a friend hit me on his 2014 switchback, bad deal as I have the same as you but front tunnel is bent plus hood, side panel and more. Oh well no one was hurt and he took full responsibility.

Hmm..not to sound like a vulture but if they total it and you get it back please post a price I would like to buy a wrecked Viper.

Back