• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Ended this Weekend... Minor Tunnel Creases... Fixable??

You have a 100,000 mile motor, their are a lot more bumps and kinks to come. Just roll-on, in no time that will be nothing and you'll be making jokes about it.

I would gladly take the kink in the tunnel... the rubbed through that the little bag on the tunnel with an extra belt left a round rubbed circle of no paint!!! And then my tunnel bag on with my pump in it beat the hell out of the tunnel and put a quarter size dent and missing paint as well!!! :-((( like he said #*$&@ happens I wouldn't spend the time and money!!! Just my 2 cents... I know the feeling! :-( :o|

To do the job is realy easy as long as you have the air riveter. You have a 10k machine make it perfect. Buy the carbon fiber one from Patrick Custom then you not only save weight on the extension but snow doesn't stick to the carbon like it does with the aluminum

Thanks guys you all are giving me some good options to think about.... I really appreciate the links and contact information you fellas are taking the time to post, thanks again for throwin' a rope down to help this newb out! I'm feelin' much better about my situation and the options ya'll are presentin' to get things "frosty" again on my gear!.... ya'll is good peeps! ;)!

Sorry, not trying to thread jack but my estimate came back at $6100. They need to replace tunnel, rear ext, skid rails, hood, side panel, belly pan, and lots other. The adjuster says they need to hit 70% to total. Here are some issues / questions:

Will everything get transferred properly (don't want future issues or gremlins). My dealer has never done a swap.

The title will have a separate document stating new tunnel / vin # that will go with this sled. Is this normal and will this affect resale?

Lots of parts are not available to fix for up to 2 months. Lots of riding here left.

Dealer also said there could be more damage as they have not disassembled it to look at it closely.

What would you guys do / recommend? I had 920 miles and am worried about wiring, riveting, and other fit and finish on a full swap. The dealer has a total of 18 hrs for labor, That seams very low. I love the sled I have / had and don't want to start over! Frustrating!

Back