• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear of sled severe sag...... Pls help

Put the adjuster end on first and reconnect the spring using the long end down on the skid. You have much more leverage down there.
actually the adjuster end goes in last i found out..

It’s called shock fade. Synthetic oil helps but it’s normal.
Sounds like standard fox oil was used to rebuild them, next time use AMS shock oil.

Got to agree with your assessment, and I’ll tell you why.

Had all my 17 LTX-LE shocks freshened this year by a local who has been doing this for, well before my 97 SX. Anyways he also can revalve, repair and replace all broken components. My point being as a machinist he does not just refresh shocks but does much more. He’s attended factory classes years ago for different shock manufacturers and FOX being one of them.
There was nothing wrong with my shocks with 5500 miles on them besides being slightly softer maybe.
Now with the refreshed shocks they are slightly stiffer then what I remember when they were new. After 600 miles or so, they are now feeling closer to original. Two of us had ours done at same time, other guy needed his front shock eye replaced where it wore the shaft and shock eye. Really happy with the results and trying to remember, if when new, they needed some break in time to soften a bit, which we both feel is happening with more mileage on them, or he may have used other oil. He is an Amsoil dealer.
Both suspension shocks on 1 and spring on soft setting. Ski shocks on 2.
Bottomed out a couple of times( finally )on last Hard ride.

All this just to say that I agree with your thought of oil type and nitrogen amount will make a difference.

Was able to get the wife’s 2020 LTX-GT into our dealer yesterday. New Qs3 going in the rear on Monday. Hoping this is the fix. She can still ride it this weekend with spring blocks and shock on 3, but it does bottom out on this setting, 160# rider.

Was able to get the wife’s 2020 LTX-GT into our dealer yesterday. New Qs3 going in the rear on Monday. Hoping this is the fix. She can still ride it this weekend with spring blocks and shock on 3, but it does bottom out on this setting, 160# rider.

Sounds like the reasonable spot to start with. If your shock was too weak from the beginning, it would have worked your springs more then needed also weakening them. You will not regret upgrading a shock, either way!

Sounds like the reasonable spot to start with. If your shock was too weak from the beginning, it would have worked your springs more then needed also weakening them. You will not regret upgrading a shock, either way!
Well not an upgrade, just a replacement.

Well not an upgrade, just a replacement.

Oh OK. Hope for the best then! Just seems like it has to be that shock whereas mine makes a big difference from shock setting 1, 2 or 3.
1 allows for 3-4 inches of sit in after shock freshening.
2 allows for 1-2”
3 none.

And that is at my 210 dry weight. Ha Ha
And on softest spring setting.

So hope that new shock works out for ya.

Sorry for missing some of the info on this post but I have been experiencing Adds covering threads completely, or in the middle of thread, so I am struggling with all posts. Can’t read them in their entirety so I probably should not reply as much with my partial viewings huh?

This is likely not related but may be worth mentioning. I have a 2017 LTX DX. Found the stock suspension nice but soft. The stock springs are apparently good for riders up to 180 lbs. I am 235 lbs and carry a rear bag. When Accelerated Technologies put on my New Elka shocks, I also put on stronger torsion springs. Made a heck of a difference

I have a 20 se. anyway I put qs3 in with dsc valve and I rode the sh** out of it Sunday and Monday spring set on 1 and it’s ride awesome so there is definitely a problem with yours. My buddy’s with 850s xrs where way behind. And I’m 270lbs

Well, I just got a call from the dealer, new shock in, pick up the rear so the track is 2-3 inch off the floor and drops it, rear suspension goes to within 1/2 inch of the transfer blocks and stays there. Shock and springs both on 1. Any thoughts? Possibly the front shock? Starting to scratch our heads. I would think it should bounce up till only about 1 inch of pre-sag. Not stay where there is 3 inches, and this with no rider.

Sounds like the springs are not what they’re supposed to be. Maybe they put the wrong springs it at the factory? That’s how mine is when the skis are on dolly’s.

Mine is the same, my dealer has changed both shocks but springs still on back order, so being patient. It rides like a mile on block 3. Number 2 is ok but not where I want it. Block 1 is the spring tension I want and rides decent for first 10-20km then sags out. Something isnt right with these suspensions

Which rear mounting hole is your skid bolted to. The upper hole or the lower hole? The 2020 is on the lower (to the ground) hole while my 17 is mounted to the upper hole. This must change the geometry of the springs and shocks.

Good point maybe the dealer put it in the wrong hole. The upper wheels are a lot bigger on the 20’s and need to be on the bottom hole.

Bottom hole on my ltx le 2020. Cant remember where it was on my 17

Back