• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear of sled severe sag...... Pls help

I had sag issues on my 2017 Ltx se as well. Put in new hygear torsion and twisted center shock springs. No sag anymore even with saddle bags and linq bag. Whole new snowmobile. Phenomenal ride and handling now. Well worth the money. Also bought a set of billet 4 position adjuster blocks. They are also well worth the $.

Where do you get the hygear torsion springs? Anywhere in Ontario?

I ordered from hygear in the us before. Good People to deal with. I also ordered before the Toronto snow show and they brought the stuff over and I picked it up there.

I ordered from the web site.

Well that truly sucks!
Something just doesn’t make sense.
You had the skid out this fall for your suspension rebuild, did it have a sag problem before that?
If not, I have to think assembly problem of some sort!
Something somewhere has been changed!

Well that truly sucks!
Something just doesn’t make sense.
You had the skid out this fall for your suspension rebuild, did it have a sag problem before that?
If not, I have to think assembly problem of some sort!
Something somewhere has been changed!
I think you are responding to my post ref: the rear shock replacement and still too much sag. It is a new sled, the sag started around 1,400 miles, can’t seem to figure out why.

I think you are responding to my post ref: the rear shock replacement and still too much sag. It is a new sled, the sag started around 1,400 miles, can’t seem to figure out why.

You are correct! I did not notice that you were not the original OP!
Having severe Add pop up issues again, and so not able to read many of the threads in this post. It took me this long to be able to read your reply(from your reply time to just now)Could not see your response until this morning whereas adds were on top of your thread. Sorry for my confusing things.

What helps besides marking the add as covered info is go back to previous page and then click on next page and add is gone from post.

Well, pulled the front shock, all good, replaced the rear shock (Qs3) still doesn’t rebound to unloaded ride height. Next step, new torsion springs.

Ya! The shock doesn’t influence the ride height much at all just gets really springy when it’s shot. Are the front spring mounts over sprung like (on top of the bolt). Don’t know they could be the other way,but that would cause soft suspension

Well new springs are installed, problem solved. We put in spring # SMA-8JP47-71. Supposed to be a 10 degree more twist in the coil for additional lift. Original diameter. Now we can put some miles on them and see how they hold up!

Well new springs are installed, problem solved. We put in spring # SMA-8JP47-71. Supposed to be a 10 degree more twist in the coil for additional lift. Original diameter. Now we can put some miles on them and see how they hold up!

Thanks for the update and resolve of your problem.

(Background, had the skid out this fall, re-greased everything, shocks rebuilt as well and had the suspension setup by a suspension pro. RR upper shaft installed too.)

On my '17 R-TX-SE I noticed today while getting gas after riding some very rough trails in Cochrane aggressively fast that my snow flap was very close to toughing the ground probbaly half way compared to normal. I pushed down on the rear and there was still some travel and rebound but only to the same halfway point. If I pulled up on the rear there was about 4-5 inches of sag to gain. When I had the sled setup we did 3" of sag total with me sitting on the machine.

I tried my torsion springs on 3, still no difference which is weird as the torsion springs should set my ride height/sag.

All appears to look normal under there, I thought I had a blown rear shock but my shock guy said it wouldn't really help hold the rear up at all.

For all intents and purposes, it's riding great still, and these trails are ROUGH! Sometimes when I came to a stop it is at the top as it should but most times it's in that half way down position.

Any advice? I can take a video in the morning
I am having similar issues on my 17 LTX-LE .
Sag and bottoming .
Had my shocks done end of ly , so I figured its my torsions , as I constantly carry heavy tunnel bag , and big Linq gas can .
Ordered the 5 position cam from Star .
Will see how that helps.
im new on this site I just purchased a 2020 SRX with fox all around and I have 600 miles on it shocks wear saging at the end of year so I rebuilt all shocks and installed the rear of my sled is still saging I just ordered SMA -8jp47-71 hope the springs do the trick

I have a 2020 ltx le and its doing exactly the same thing. I put transfer blocks to stiffest setting #3 and no difference. Dealer changed front shock in rear skid said it was blown. Got it back and still does the same. Its back at dealer they are replacing rear shock and torsion springs now. Sled has 1078km on it so far.
I also have 2020 SRX it’s the same way wtf Yamaha get your #*$&@ together 20 grad for this

If you putting on more than 3000km a year , I would recommend you rebuild your rear of rear shock with a nitrogen charge of 200 -215 psig with it done right before the season starts for best results. Most of the sagging problems will be fixed .

Back