• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Slide Springs for Heavy Rider

What worked for my 137 zr lxr was a set of the fiberglass overloads off the Pantera ,when putting a 2 up seat on and luggage i just flip the block up and good to go,just a thought

the 4th position on my adjuster blocks is an overload that adds approximately 1/2" more preload over the stiff setting on stock adjuster blocks. Simple swap out.

IMG_1560.jpg

Here the actual listing in the tech book for u, so u probably want the 22 lb ones

Thanks this is exactly the info I was looking for. The springs don’t weigh any where near 20lbs so spring rate makes sense now.

I have a 2016 Viper RTX DX and a 2017 RTX SE sidewinder both 129”. I took the springs out of both. Interestingly, the Viper has one 85deg spring and one 90deg spring. Sidewinder has both 90deg springs. Which probably explains why I found the Viper to have better ride height.

I’m going to order 2 of the heavy springs and will see if I still need an adjuster when saddle bags are fully packed.

Thanks

Thanks this is exactly the info I was looking for. The springs don’t weigh any where near 20lbs so spring rate makes sense now.

I have a 2016 Viper RTX DX and a 2017 RTX SE sidewinder both 129”. I took the springs out of both. Interestingly, the Viper has one 85deg spring and one 90deg spring. Sidewinder has both 90deg springs. Which probably explains why I found the Viper to have better ride height.

I’m going to order 2 of the heavy springs and will see if I still need an adjuster when saddle bags are fully packed.

Thanks
Good chance these will be less expensive to buy through Cat.

Ok reviving this. Anyone know the part numbers? Been struggling to find other options.

Might want to check out Cat RR springs. They're probably stiffer.

Here you go

Back