• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rebuild and revalve

w8tn4snow

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 SR Viper LTX DX
I just got my shock back from Pioneer yesterday , super fast turnaround to i might add. I cant wait to see how it feels compared to the stock setup after the revalve.. Hope to get some seat time in this weekend.
Any one else have theirs done , what did you think afterwards ?

Just got mine back as well Rebuild/Revalve/Heavy Duty Spring. No snow here yet so I havent had a chance to ride it. Im hoping it is a totally differnt ride!

I also just got my monoshock back from a Pioneer rebuild/revalve. Very quick turn around. Before the shock service, the RA adjustments didn't seem to affect the shocks performance. Now, the adjustments are definitely noticable. Limited seat time around the yard leads me to believe that it will ride great. I can't believe that I did not have this done years ago. Did I mention that this site ROCKS!

revalve

Had mine re-valved at Pioneer a couple years back on my Ohlins shocks and added Eibach dual rate springs and they were unbelievable difference they made. It made my apex ride as smooth as a Cadillac through the studder bumps and handled big hits very good, it the best money you can spend on your sled...hands down

one of the best upgrades you can do! I had mine revavled with a spring change, went just one up from stock 4.9 to 5.5 I think. way better all the way around, and very little bottoming out too!

Well i got to put almost 100 miles on yesterday after the rebuild and re-valve . About 40 miles of fresh groomed trail , the sled rode smooth and flat on the lowest shock setting, very plush. I did about 30 miles of ungroomed through the woods on pounded up trail, reminded me of a goat path. The suspension set to high just soaked it up unbelievably. I really feel that I was over driving the front suspension as I made no adjustments to the front . I really wanted to see how much i could throw at the rear suspension, I gotta say It took way more than my arms could trying to hang on as the front suspension gave me a workout that im definitely feeling today. I am very impressed with the range of adjustment now . On the way back to the trailers the fresh groomed trails were a 30 mile stretch of 1 foot moguls. I did over 60 the whole stretch and the rear suspension never faded. I cant say enough about how much this changed the sled.If anyone is feeling like theyre falling out of love with their Apex as they watch all the guys on their Revs and Rush's enjoy the days when the trails are less than perfect, just send your shocks to Bruce at Pioneer and he will transform your ride.
2++ thumbs up to Bruce at Pioneer , he really knows his stuff when it comes to shocks.

Bruce did mine earlylast season. Hands down, the best upgrade you can do to an Attak or Apex, for that matter. Only problem I have come across, I out drive the front suspention. Not sure if there is anything I can do up front, I'll have to look into it.

Back