• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Recalled Fuel Line Leak

I have no faith in that fuel line, filter and clamps. I tossed the whole assembly for a new molded assembly from the fuel pump to the injector rail. No hose, no filter, no clamps period. I got a Cat part from the last year they built a 7000. I imagine the Viper has the same part. Over the years, they had 3 different hose assemblies. The last one looks like automotive quality so I hope it has some more design thought than the 14 - 15 junk.

I have no faith in that fuel line, filter and clamps. I tossed the whole assembly for a new molded assembly from the fuel pump to the injector rail. No hose, no filter, no clamps period. I got a Cat part from the last year they built a 7000. I imagine the Viper has the same part. Over the years, they had 3 different hose assemblies. The last one looks like automotive quality so I hope it has some more design thought than the 14 - 15 junk.
Dang. Didn’t know that and ordered 19 already

I cut the hose cleaned filter and replaced the clamp for this weekend. New 2019 hose which no longer has the filter should be here by Fri or Mon. Was 5 in WI. But old one needs to make the weekend. Double clamps is a good idea! She is all buttoned up and ready to go though. Hey are you going to Muni Fun Ride this weekend? Hope so. We are riding sleds there from Pembine.
Sure will, I'm trailering early Friday morning

I must have missed the recall or something... are there particular midel years Vipers that this applies to, or do all Viper owners need to check condition of fuel lines?

I did a filter change at 5k didnt leak till after summer storage.just tightened.all good...for now

I had a 2015 SR Viper MTX with 16 miles on it burn to the ground after that hose leaked! Buy the updated part number 8NF-F4310-00-00 for $34.99!

Does the 8NF-F4310-00-00 eliminate the fuel filter? I don’t see the filter on the fiche when looking up that new part number

Does the 8NF-F4310-00-00 eliminate the fuel filter? I don’t see the filter on the fiche when looking up that new part number

Yes it eliminates the filter, there is no external filter needed. There is a filter in the tank on the pump.

The Arctic Cat part number is 1770-200 for 33.95 Canadian. It is from an 18 or 19 7000.

This is a molded plastic fuel lie with the O ring pump end and the O ring fuel rail end all molded on. No clamps, no filter. Nothing to leak, I hope.

Great news! Even though I ordered older fuel line Yamaha must have done right thing and threw out the old stock. Got plastic line with no clamps. Made me so happy I got a set of the Stryke skis ordered and shim kit. Blue with white loops.Can’t wait to try them when in! Thanks Big Pussy!
3B7F9FA1-B22F-46B1-813E-020562C135BE.jpeg
869AFEC3-E224-447A-886D-479D88C44A25.jpeg

I ordered #8NF-F4310-00-00 because that was the part number mentioned above ⬆️ Hopefully I get the correct one

Last edited:

Back