• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Relocator kit - black diamond? OTC? CR? Or ?

No the pivot riser won't change the arc the bars rotate in. All the relocaters work just to a different degree...OFT and PMT about the same...I think its a 6 degree move forward, Grizz's might be a little less and the BDX with the U-joint moves the arc the most vertical...not sure of the actual degree. You can ride all day and not feel any fatigue. It is kind of odd the steering still feels heavier than many other sleds but the position is so good you have better leverage.
I went with a dual pivot riser, quick and dirty, no issues with it and don't notice any funky arc with bar motion. If I was going all the way, the OFT looks nice but BOP and Grizz have some good alternatives. I posted a bunch of pivot bar pics in my front end plus rebuild thread as I refreshed my entire Nytro. Love this sled!

This was my first version if you need more info just contact me:

IMG_6245.JPG

IMG_6239.JPG

steering relocate plate.jpg

Nice work Grizz! Love that people are so passionate about these Nytro's. These are the pictures of my PowerMADD riser setup, easy bolt-on; pleasantly surprised how happy I am with it. It was a quick and dirty "last" add when I was finishing my initial "front end rebuild" and I had an upcoming long ride in Northern Manie. Like most, I did not like the stock low bar position. At the time, I figured if I hated it, I would look into a relocate but to be honest, totally ok with the purpose it serves. Have moved on to other updates (WRP, LED, black hood / plastics). When I did the WRP, I was glad to have complete two-axis flexibility to put the bars where I wanted them. Made a final adjustment on the trail! With Grizz and BOP having a simple and cost effective solution, comparable to the PowerMADD, I would consider those if you have the time. But if, like me, it is a last minute adder, the riser surpassed my expectations; do not notice the "arc" of the bars people comment on, especially as this is only at slow speeds winding through woods. At speed, the amount you move the bars to make a course correction is very small.

10.jpg 6.jpg 6.jpg b1.jpg

Last edited:
Hands down Bdx. I rode the oft before that. There's no comparison. Some ppl have claimed no strength in the bdx but I havnt had any issues jumping boondocking rolling down the hill etc. I'll never ever go back to that crappy angle steering. Just my 2cents.

I've not installed the steering relocator yet, but I have one. I wanted to try the sled out first. Does the relocate fix the massive disparity between how far you turn the bars and how far the skis turn? Because it feels like I barely turn the bars and the skis turn a lot. Its also a bear to turn. My initial impression is to just get a wider set of handlebars because they feel narrow which would give me more leverage to turn the bars. Does the steering relocate fix all that?

Relocation the steering changes the plain on which the bars rotate. which greatly aids in the amount of effort needed to steer. Wider bars will give you greater steering leverage, also aiding in easier steering.

Back