• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Review of new Nytro SkidPlate by Roest Racing

AaronBND

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
So I just got one of these new SkidPlates from Roest Racing and wanted to give a fair review of it here! The quality is superb. I was amazed at the attention to detail put into their products. It is 3/16" aluminum, powdercoated matte black so the snow doesn't stick to it at all and totally replaces the cheap plastic stock piece under there. They are machined to fit like a glove. Honestly it is better than most OEM items on the sled (this is sad). One thing I noticed that surprised me, was they give 2 ways of mounting it to the sled for you to choose. I like options! I got one of the new vents from them a couple months ago (have bought 3 since for friends) and knew the quality would be good when I ordered this from them. They is selling them faster than they can make them, but they are suppose to have more ready by this Thursday and he said they will be on the site by then for ordering online. I will be ordering 2 more for friends! Great product for $159.

Aaron

P.S. I stole this picture because I haven't taken any of mine yet.

SkidplateBlk.jpg

This looks like a nice item- exactly what I have been looking for- anyone have a website for this company? I googled it and got nothing- let me know- Thanks!

4strknytro said:
Do you think this mounting process will strengthen the sub-frame?

Two options for mounting the front of the skidplate. 4 outer holes mount it to the frame tubes, or if you have an 09 or newer sled you can mount it to the gusset plate via the 2 inner holes. Check out the pics.

Attachments

• Skpl Fnl 1.jpg
    Skpl Fnl 1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Skpl Fnl 2.jpg
    Skpl Fnl 2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 163
Looks good! But im not sure about drilling holes in the already weak subframe tubes. 09 mounting in the gusset plate looks better.

4strknytro said:
Do you think this mounting process will strengthen the sub-frame?

That's a sweet looking Nytro! ;)!

AaronBND said:
So I just got one of these new SkidPlates from Roest Racing and wanted to give a fair review of it here! The quality is superb. I was amazed at the attention to detail put into their products. It is 3/16" aluminum, powdercoated matte black so the snow doesn't stick to it at all and totally replaces the cheap plastic stock piece under there. They are machined to fit like a glove. Honestly it is better than most OEM items on the sled (this is sad). One thing I noticed that surprised me, was they give 2 ways of mounting it to the sled for you to choose. I like options! I got one of the new vents from them a couple months ago (have bought 3 since for friends) and knew the quality would be good when I ordered this from them. They is selling them faster than they can make them, but they are suppose to have more ready by this Thursday and he said they will be on the site by then for ordering online. I will be ordering 2 more for friends! Great product for $159.

Looks good, is your track really worn, or is it just the pic? :rocks:

Aaron

P.S. I stole this picture because I haven't taken any of mine yet.

SkidplateBlk.jpg

Never weighed the stock plastic but this comes in at about 4.5 lbs. When you pick it up it is surprisingly light. Best thing out there for protecting the bottom of the sled and fits and is fastened like nothing else. Everyone loves them. Stock cover is junk and the plastic skidplates have their issues as well. Doesn't deform or put holes in OEM side panels either because it integrates with the stock panels just like OEM.

Mine arrived yesterday, Props on the super fast shipping and on the product. I opened the box and found a piece of art. This thing is beautiful, Its almost too bad that once I put it on I won't be able to show people anymore. Hopefully the install goes smooth...

The only other thing I could think of would be a RoestRacing.com decal to put on the sled... lol...

Once again Thank You for the shipping and the Excellent Product!

026.jpg

025.jpg

I like the idea of this skid, def looks like it will help from impact a bit

Back