• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Roetin studs for Apex

Charged RTX

Expert
Has anyone used the Skorpion studs. I want to run a 1" track and an aggresive stud but not a steel chisel that will wear quickly. I,m woried that the carbide will chip easily on these. :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke:

ROETIN Hornets were the best stud I have ever used....they are lightweight and super strong. I put 96 down the center in my 2003 RX1 and never had a problem.

I have ran ROETIN Hornets on several sleds...they do work really great and are not what they use to be as far as quality.

The Woodys chisels are very nice for your application as is the thruster.

Regarding Roetins quality. IMO the Hornet is the best stud on the market for trail applications. Best penetration by far vs. gold diggers, power points, mega bites, warthogs. Roetin had a production problem last year but have been told they were recently bought out and will be up and running soon...BBY

Length ??

Why run 1" studs vs. 1-3/8" on 1-1/4" Ripsaw. I have woody SS 1-3/8" on my 05 Rx1. I checked mine out to make sure ok so I can sell the sled and they seem fine. 96 up the middle?

Saber carbides good - studs bad

I had great luck with saber runners , but was NOT impressed with their studs.

MrSled said:
I have ran ROETIN Hornets on several sleds...they do work really great and are not what they use to be as far as quality.

I'll admit, this poor stud quality was 12 years ago, maybe things have changed.

jtssrx said:
Mega bites if your lookign for longevity. Hornets a close seond on longevity but 5 times the performance with penatration
I disagree about the performance Jason. My dealer first put me on to Megabites a few years back after their 1st season. He said they worked so well for the racers that they were using less with the results of a track with more standard type studs.

MightyWarrior said:
jtssrx said:
Mega bites if your lookign for longevity. Hornets a close seond on longevity but 5 times the performance with penatration
I disagree about the performance Jason. My dealer first put me on to Megabites a few years back after their 1st season. He said they worked so well for the racers that they were using less with the results of a track with more standard type studs.

Dan, thats because they are durable. Jason is refering to penetration through Ice, and hardpack. Nothing better on the market in the trail stud category than a hornet with regards to penetration. Ive run them all and can attest to this. Try them sometime, you might be surprised how much better they are...BBY

Back