• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rubbing sound at front of skid

just to be clear: I did not have any sort of vibration that wasn't a result of the track hitting the tunnel. We tightened it up quite tight as we thought it was too loose. Even then you could very easily make the track hit the tunnel just by flicking it a bit with your hand. My drivers are correct, that is the first thing we checked after track tension.

After moving it down to the lower holes (Ulmer said his new 16 came with the skid in the lower holes and middle at back) and with track loosened off to proper specs it no longer does it. I went from a grinding (almost like truck engine brakes) on every hard deceleration and every small stutter bump to no noise on small jumps or slamming on the brakes. Your mileage may vary but for me this solved the issue.

I was in to dealer today, there was a 2016 xtx se on the floor will skid in lower hole in front, and middle in back. Why would they be different? I'd say they made a mistake with ours inRBigness

I'm running a 2.25 153 in those locations and no rubbing Bill is running a 3.0 162 and no rubbing all I can say is I think that's where it should be run........js

So I got a call from dealer today, I told them about issue, they said the xtx se and le have different skids, and said if I put the skid in lower holes they are not responsible. There's no more snow left here for them to try it out so they can see what is happening. How many miles do you have on your sled after moving skid to lower holes inRBigness? I think I'll drop it down to lower holes until first service anyways, by then there will be snow for them to try it in upper holes and they will see what I am talking about with rubbing.

Haha that is a crock of #*$&@. The only difference is the shock package. Go to the parts fiche and see. I have almost 200K on the lower holes and no noise or issues. Ulmer said he got a brand new one in the lower/middle holes. I am not sure why dealers, who do not do any research into the products insist on towing the company line. "Unt Ve know better zan you. Unt so it shall be." Lower, enjoy it and relax. If I remember right there was a service bulletin a few years ago that a skid was mounted wrong.

Haha that is a crock of #*$&@. The only difference is the shock package. Go to the parts fiche and see. I have almost 200K on the lower holes and no noise or issues. Ulmer said he got a brand new one in the lower/middle holes. I am not sure why dealers, who do not do any research into the products insist on towing the company line. "Unt Ve know better zan you. Unt so it shall be." Lower, enjoy it and relax. If I remember right there was a service bulletin a few years ago that a skid was mounted wrong.
Sounds good, that's what I thought. Thanks.

Drivers hit The skid when You hit a bump?
Don't know exactly what was hitting, I just know something was rubbing up front when decelerating and going over uneven terrain.

Guys I vaguely remember something about geometry changes in the 16 mountain skids. Maybe all that applied to the 14 and 15 skid is not applicable to the 16. Would have to have both out and side by side to see.

Back