• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Running boards Reinforcement Plate for Nytro SE

NLVMAX

Expert
I was at the dealer today and the Service manager told me he received a fax a couple days ago about this model. He said Yamaha is issuing Reinforcement plates for the running boards where they tip up. As you know the runningboards are tipped up at an aggressive 11-degree angle. This is where the plate will go. He showed me a pic on the fax but I couldn't get a copy.

These rivets will be removed and the new plate installed directly to the side of tunnel and running board. It will be much stronger.

IMG_4793.jpg

Thought I would pass this on.

No pics yet. Dealer is ordering mine. When I take her in for the first service they will install it then.
It should apply to the XTX as well since they have the same tunnel design. I'll get more info today.

Reinforcement Plate Part # 90891-50153-00

According to the bulletin my Service Manager has from Yamaha, they will

only be doing this on SE Nytro's. Thought I would pass this info along, I just found out yesterday.

Anyone having trouble with their tunnel/running boards buckling in this area? I'll certainly be checking my sled over tomorrow.

It's funny, not haha funny, how Yammy comes out with a fix for a sled only months old, and can't come out with a fix that is several years old, ie. handwarmers...unless these reinforcement plates were supposed to be on all the sleds in the first place...hmmm.

Talked to the dealer here and he got the update notice. The plates should be here in a couple of weeks. My buddy has an X-TX and he has a bent tunnel in the exact spot where the reinforcement plates are mounted.

Coincidence ,
I think not.

Flatlander SE said:
Talked to the dealer here and he got the update notice. The plates should be here in a couple of weeks. My buddy has an X-TX and he has a bent tunnel in the exact spot where the reinforcement plates are mounted.

Coincidence ,
I think not.

My dealer told me he got the reinforcement plates today. I am going to wait after my trip next weekend. That should put me over the break-in mileage so I will get it installed then.

Should be an update for the XTX! Same design. WT_!

Hey Grimm what do you need to look up for on our spindles? I know this is off topic but I haven't seen that one yet.

My buddy with the X-TX took his to the dealer yesterday to see if they will warrenty his tunnel. At the moment it's in the hands Yamaha Canada. The y said "that it's only the SE's because they are for extreme ditch/bump riding...........the X-TX is not."

Doesn't make sense.

Back