• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 Lost of prestone & trace of oil

bull

Extreme
:o|

The temperature light came on today, I stopped. Smell burned oil, opennned the cab it was full of oil. Its seem to come from behind the clucth... Looked under the pan the prestone was leaking???

???? How costly will be the dammage ?

Thanks

Bull

Bull,

It is difficult to estimate since we don't know exactly what is wrong and what needs to be replaced. It sounds like the oil seal on the output shaft failed. I believe the engine needs to come out of the sled to remove the cover this seal is mounted in. As for the leaking antifreeze, it could be coming from a leak in a hose or a loose clamp.

This dosnt sound good. To lose oil and coolant, I would say that you have thrown a rod through the block OR some other major failure.

Was it sounding normay prior to this??? If it was knocking yo may be toast.

No knocking it is still running fine, But I lost coolant and oil. I will know tomorrow if my season is over.

Too bad I had trip planned for this week....Wednesday unless of a miracle!!!

It will go to the doctor tomorrow will see

Thanks

Bull

:bling

I found the cause I made a hole in my front radiator by hitting a rock break my track and it he rad.

Thanks for your help

Bull

Right now I don't know. might be the overflow. That is what I'm thinking.

I let you know as soon I Know.

Bull

As per the dealer it came from de clutch the gasket was done. Normal wear (10 000 KM) plus they changed a bearing.

Solder the rad, Oil change, slide change 2nd time this year.

$700 canadian + $500 @ the begining of the season.

Costly I find.

bull

TonyVT said:
bull said:
:bling

I found the cause I made a hole in my front radiator with my studs.

Thanks for your help

Bull
\

I did the same last year. Lost a week of riding. Took off the torn ripsaw put the old cone track back on, no studs....at least I could ride.

Same here RIPSAW and HP and studs DOES NOT WORK!
:o| :die

I went to take my sled last wednesday and they told me that they solder the rad, Its still overheating!!!

They have to open it up!

Don't know anything about mechanic. What do you think?

Thanks

Bull

:beer:

They told me that they are going to open it up ! They had one guy with the same problem and they had to open it.

???

Bull

Back