• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 Retro-Fit Nytro Seat - UPDATE!

twomorestrokes said:
Thanks for the update Brian. I'd like to get the Nytro seat as well as the bar/ riser setup for my Vector.

Powermadd pivot riser + 2" extension block + Nytro seat = Rider GREATLY improved RS Vector. And I don't think you'd have to give-up too much windshield protection either.

This setup rocks and WILL NOT dissapoint!

4Fighter said:
Powermadd pivot riser + 2" extension block + Nytro seat = Rider GREATLY improved RS Vector. And I don't think you'd have to give-up too much windshield protection either.

Sounds like a plan. Must be about a 4" total height increase in the bars? I believe the pivot assembly adds about 2" plus the block. I'd love to get hold of a Nyto bar instead of my "stingray" style!

twomorestrokes said:
4Fighter said:

Sounds like a plan. Must be about a 4" total height increase in the bars? I believe the pivot assembly adds about 2" plus the block. I'd love to get hold of a Nyto bar instead of my "stingray" style!

Certainly does sounds like a plan :Rockon:

Hey 4Fighter, It was very nice meeting you and Mighty this weekend in Paradise. I really liked your your Warrior with your Nytro seat :Rockon: , it felt just right. Its always nice meeting guys from TY! Scott

Fast Attak said:
Hey 4Fighter, It was very nice meeting you and Mighty this weekend in Paradise. I really liked your your Warrior with your Nytro seat :Rockon: , it felt just right. Its always nice meeting guys from TY! Scott

Great meeting you Fast. Ultimatewarrior was the other guy. Thanks for the compliment - It certainly is nice to meet other members, in my backyard, too.

Brian

Hey 4 fighter did you cut the plastic shroud or buy the nitro one . Im doing the samething to one of the vectors and might need some advice on the shroud fit . woodtic

woodtic said:
Hey 4 fighter did you cut the plastic shroud or buy the nitro one . Im doing the samething to one of the vectors and might need some advice on the shroud fit . woodtic

Nytro cover is $150.00 - I cut the stocker. Basically, I took the stock seat off, and traced a line around the gas tank, using the bottom edge of the cover. Then I took the cover off, put the Nytro seat on, and traced another line around the gas tank, using the forward, top edge of the seat.

Then I just measured distances between the two lines, at the formed shape lines on the tank, as it was easiest to locate/xfer them to the inside of the cover. Connect the dots and cut with a dremel or xacto. Then test fit, and sand the edges smooth and round a little.

I still have the remnant from the tank, and could develop a template for you - Let me know?

Everything else is a bolt-on from there.

Hey I got the seat on with your advice . It came out perfect. Sure feels funny riding it for the first time but after the seat starts to break in it will be a big improvement over the other one. Makes my knees and back allot better after200 mile day of riding. I might go with a 2 inch riser on the bars would be about right. I cut the tank shroud with a floor knife took my time and it came out nice with about 3/4 inch overhang on the seat. I ordered a extra tall windsheild because I sit alot taller now. If I figure how to put pictures on here I will show you how it turned out. Woodtic

4Fighter - Thanks for sharing. Now I want Nytro seats for my sleds as well. I have been thinking about this mod for some time, have to call my dealer asap.

Deler offered me a great deal on a used Nytro seat. Tank cover has been cut to fit the taller seat and seat has been installed on my '03 RX-1. I have a PowerMadd pivot riser and a 4" riser block, on top I have a Renthal MotoX handle bar. Riding position feels much like the Nytro, but I have the opportunity of moving my bars further forward. Adding the Nytro seat together with my handle bar setup made a huge difference, more of a rider forward sled now :)

A couple of questions to those who have cut their tank covers...

Does the tank cover come off easily? Does all the wiring have to be disconnected?

Back