• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Scoop on 2015 Viper Changes

rbell14

TY 4 Stroke Guru
What are you guys hearing for changes to be implemented for 2015MY on VIPERS? Also, anything special to come with the snowcheck for 2015?

Strong rumor is 2015 will see long tracked narrowed Viper released as the Mountain Max. That and an all new Phazer

A few weeks Yamaha website to have new sled online I saw Feb 16th or something like that.

stingray719 said:
Strong rumor is 2015 will see long tracked narrowed Viper released as the Mountain Max. That and an all new Phazer
My guess is that your right on the Mountain Max.........but I pray that your wrong.

Scoop

Any known changes on the existing Viper line-up or do we just anticipate them addressing known issues that have been identified with the launch.

cacsrx1 said:
stingray719 said:
My guess is that your right on the Mountain Max.........but I pray that your wrong.

I told my Yammy dealer if that is what the Mountain Max is I would be trading my 2014 M8 in on one. You can bet if that is what it is the horsepower will be increased.

I heard that cat probably has enough 1100 turbo motors left for one more year of production, so I would suspect that any "mountian max" would be the same mill as the current vipers.

you mean the performance dampener that CR wont stop takling about and is asking people with vectors to test out?

I am set for at least 5 years. I hope the Mountain guys get taken care of but other than a Crossplane in the Viper Chassis and a Phazer 100hp engine in a SnoPro 500 size chassis for under $7000 I am happy. Yamaha needs to get the youngsters and the big power guys. Charge big bucks for the new Apex and cheap and simple for the Phazer. It would move us up for sure.

Back