• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Scratchers......Getting Cheaper!!!

Fleecer

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
Been using these ice scratchers for years and have had great luck with them. Used to pay $100 for a pair, however over the years, they have kept creeping down in price. I saw a pair today on eBay for just under $27 bucks. For the money, I don't think there is anything better and wanted to share.

Screenshot_20240303-183026.png

Not bad at all Glen.. I had the Ski Doo tunnel mounted scratchers that I thought worked prenominal because with just one down it would throw plenty of snow, But unfortunately sheered both off on the trip in the County. I was thinking they would drop down between the planks on the uncovered bridges with the lack of snow and snap them off, but who knows? I had one that sheered just above the carbide tip and it still worked great! The other broke twice. Once above the carbide and then again above the coil! I hope we don't see another season like this year for a long time!

Been using these ice scratchers for years and have had great luck with them. Used to pay $100 for a pair, however over the years, they have kept creeping down in price. I saw a pair today on eBay for just under $27 bucks. For the money, I don't think there is anything better and wanted to share.

View attachment 175754

Agree. I have been using these for the last several seasons now. Absolutely love them. I just ordered a couple at this amazing price for the future. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Fleecer, that is the only style that has ever lasted more than one season for me and if I can get them off EBAY I will have eliminated the last remaining reason I have for crossing the threshold of the most dreaded motorsports dealership in town.

Last edited:
Hey Glenn, I bought a set of these, thanks for the tip. Do you happen to have a picture of where you're mounting them on the rails perhaps?

Check these out, no drill. I made my own from 5/8 lexan. The blue in the pic is gasket material as to not scratch the skid.
Simple install with the backing plate.
I think the ones in the link will fit the newer Sidewinders. If not I am sure they would machine one.

:rocks: :4STroke:
ice1.jpg
ice2.jpg
ice3.jpg

Hey Glenn, I bought a set of these, thanks for the tip. Do you happen to have a picture of where you're mounting them on the rails perhaps?
Great question Mike. I believe different year winders might have a different assortment of holes in the rails. Here is how I mounted them on my 22 LTX SE.

IMG_20240213_161726~2.jpg

I noticed the Chinese have been reverse engineering everything. The nice Duraflex scratchers have been imitated now almost perfectly and sold on Amazon and Ebay. I suppose Temu as well. That is just a clearing house for all things reverse engineered. It blows me away how cheaply they can produce something and ship it on the slow boat, and still be profitable.

Great question Mike. I believe different year winders might have a different assortment of holes in the rails. Here is how I mounted them on my 22 LTX SE.

View attachment 175813
This is exactly how I have these mounted on my '19 and '23 LTX.

View attachment 175813

Thanks Glenn,
Great way to mount them, looks like you just drilled one hole thru the rail. No issues with the upper guide wheels hitting the spring or hanger when bottoming out? Maybe all you ride it those smooooooth groomed trails though.

I see you have the old 17 wheels on there, do I remember correctly that you had issue with the new spoked wheels blowing up and chunking off the rubber?

No issues with them hitting anywhere after 3 seasons. I've had several buddies mount them in the same spot without issue thus far.

I was gonna edit the pic and crop out the wheel, as it is an easy trick that nets an extra 2 mph......lol...... but decided to leave it as a reference point to mount the scratcher. I didn't think anyone would notice, but not much gets by you. Lol

The wheels are ski Doo wheels, which are 1mm bigger than factory Yamaha wheels, but much more durable. They were the closest/best replacement I could find and I put them on all my sleds now.

I noticed the Chinese have been reverse engineering everything. The nice Duraflex scratchers have been imitated now almost perfectly and sold on Amazon and Ebay
Be careful of those as the ends fall out and leave you nothing but the cable. Seen it.
sometimes it is better to spend too much than too little.

Be careful of those as the ends fall out and leave you nothing but the cable. Seen it.
Yes!! My nephew bought a knock off set on scamazon & literally his first ride of the season (& i hate the term literally) he lost the end out of the right side one, the end pulled right out of the cable, ive had the name brand & after thousands of miles I’ve never had one pull apart

I had no intentions of buying them, as I have spares of the actual duraflex that I spent good money on.

On that note, I have also lost the tips from the duraflex as well. Nothing assures them staying other than loctite, even on name brand scratchers.

I had no intentions of buying them, as I have spares of the actual duraflex that I spent good money on.

On that note, I have also lost the tips from the duraflex as well. Nothing assures them staying other than loctite, even on name brand scratchers.
Red loctite and lock nut, right?

Back