• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sd 26 code - 80mph limp mode

Joe ltx-le

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx-dx
My buddys sidewinder is throwing this code everytime he its around 80 mph and the sled falls flat on its face.

Im seeing there is a lot of post on 26 codes , but everyone is diagnosing it differently. alert sr26 sd 26 sp26. are we all reading the codes differently?

Any insight out there? we are racking the miles up and he doesn't like the 80 mph limit.

We checked the boost tubes on the trail.

Will be checking throttle bodies

there was someone who posted a while back stating that his turbine was stuck and not rotating freely,and he said to check to see if your turbo was spinning freely,might check that to.

Any more info on this code?
My SW was kept throwing this code till I had 15km on it, then didn't come back on

The SD 26 code is "Air intake sensor"...most were intake tube clamps were loose from factory but also the turbo bolts are backing off as well causing the same, as mentioned above. Unfortunate to dump this kind of cash for a new sled and have an issue but at least at this point is a somewhat easy fix.

I too lost an intake tube and the SD 26 code tripped.Now that i have reinstalled the tube and clamp.Can someone please tell me the process to remove the code of the instrument panel.Does the battery need to be disconected for a moment or will the code disappear if the engine is ran for a specific period of time.Please advise. Thank You

I too lost an intake tube and the SD 26 code tripped.Now that i have reinstalled the tube and clamp.Can someone please tell me the process to remove the code of the instrument panel.Does the battery need to be disconected for a moment or will the code disappear if the engine is ran for a specific period of time.Please advise. Thank You
My mechanic said after running g for a real short time the code cleared on its own once repaired.

Some sidewinder in qc have problem when it's cold with relay who detect pressure from turbo .
The relay frozen and they have to put it in plastic bag, those relay are under the fuse and the problem it's on very cold day.

They said they have ice in the tubing from the relay.

They can run but have to go push the trottle slowly to not detect high boost pressure , both sled are stock

Some sidewinder in qc have problem when it's cold with relay who detect pressure from turbo .
The relay frozen and they have to put it in plastic bag, those relay are under the fuse and the problem it's on very cold day.

They said they have ice in the tubing from the relay.

They can run but have to go push the trottle slowly to not detect high boost pressure , both sled are stock
interesting. good to know. any pics of the relay and location?

Had the machine at dealer to try to clear fault code.They tried to tell me that the code tripped due to my reflashed ECU.Bla Bla Bla. Then they concluded that it was a bad sensor and needed to order one.The machine was running fine after i reinstalled the clamp on the tube so i decided to just take it and ride it.At exactly ten miles the code cleared on its own and i have not seen it since.Thought i would share this for others.

Back