• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

(Season 2010-11) TY Mileage – Yellowknife

I'd be tempted to start a new camera fund for all the entertaining videos.

I'm going to have to upgrade sooner than later anyway, i'm still tape based (HDV) so i'm looking to go to a solid state hard drive camera. The new panasonic is the leader that I can see, but there's no editing software for the high end shooting format yet.

8 minutes of my life I'll never get back, lol.

Just kidding. Sounds like us, most weekends, but not as cold.

Hope you werevable to pick tie sled up the followingbweek.

Yellowknife said:
I'm going to have to upgrade sooner than later anyway, i'm still tape based (HDV) so i'm looking to go to a solid state hard drive camera. The new panasonic is the leader that I can see, but there's no editing software for the high end shooting format yet.

Lots of guys using go pro video.

Check out ontarioconditions.com

Maybe others.

I gotta tell you, I enjoy watching these videos. You have one hell of a sense of adventure going that far out into the wilderness by yourself!

As everyone else has already said, GREAT STUFF!!! Always entertaining, and as I was looking through some of your previous "seasons" I picked up a few things to watch out for with my phazer (steering boot issues, for one) that I don't think a lot of the guys in warmer climates get to deal with. Granted, I'm not in the coldest location in the lower 48, but Friday, Saturday and Sunday of this last week I saw -37, -29, and -28 (fahrenheit) so we get some of the cold stuff

Well I was trying to get another video up and my camera quit completely. My favourite word might not rescue me this time: "Warranty"

The camera isn't even made anymore (only 3 freakin' years old!) So we'll see what happens.

I've been doing some cold weather testing on the Nytro XTX and providing feedback directly to Yamaha Canada and in turn the factory in Japan. Very cool. As soon as I get a working camera hopefully I can recover the video tape i've shot and show you what i've been doing. The testing surrounds ice buildup and overheat issues in the tunnel's of the Nytro's in cold weather. My dealer & Yamaha Canada have been working closely with me to complete real world testing at god awful temperatures and analysis of results both in Canada and Japan. See what happens...

Back