• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shimming Ski Rubbers..

vector06

Expert
Ok..I know this has been beat to death. I have a simple question. Should I start off with a 1/8th" shim or a 1/4" shim. Keep reading different things. Going to do this to my Nytro and my wifes 06 Vector GT tomorrow. I have four 1X1.5x1/8" shims now but could whip up four 1/4" shims with the Mrs. cutting board if need be... ;)!

I went to Curves XS ski's now, but I had my stocks shimmed. I can measure how much I did it tomorrow since I'm going to swap my stock rubber into the curves tomorrow night to see how they feel. I just shimed till the ski's pointed up with the sled off the ground, made a huge difference.

I put 1/4" in mine. Used some small screws and attached the shims right to the the back of the ski rubbers.

The ski rubber sits in a pocket and with the washer there is enough pressure between the ski and the rubber to hold them there

Back