• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Should I buy a Phazer????

blkmax600

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Apex, 2007 Vector, 1988 Phazer, 1984 Bravo.
Let me introduce myself, I have been on the two stoke side of TY for a long time and have been a advid fan of Yamaha sleds for a long time. I have owned them since the eighties.

I am currently looking for a four stroke and I like the Phazer but have a few concerns. Are they warm to drive when you install a windshield? and what is the top speed? I am not a speed freak, but I do like to stay warm on long rides. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

we have a 08 mtx phazer. My wife and I both love that sled. It is a little colder than others. It came with the stock small windshield. Hand gaurds helped immensely. Plenty of power zero to 50. falls off pretty fast after that. I have topped it out once on a nice groomed trail at about 73 on the speedo, and I think that was pretty accurate. I am sure the short tracks are considerably faster though.

Welcome to the forums! With the use of my windshield, I was quite warm on my phazer. The only thing is, you are higher up then on most sleds, which means you get a little more wind.

put a mid or tall windshield on, you knees will still be cold - but the windshield helps a lot.

phaze5 said:
if ya ride it hard you will be able to keep warm though, if you are just cruising good luck

exacly if your a vivid rider you will be fine.

I was in your situation last year and i decided to buy one. I got the 08 gt model. The tall windshield is good and it has some wind deflectors that the other models don't have I believe, the only problem i have is keeping my hands warm even with hand gaurds. I usually ride in anything above -25c. The fun factor is huge on this sled. My gt will do 80-85 mph on the speedo. If I had to do it over again I would have gotten the RTX model due to the stiffer suspension. So buy the model that suits you. hope this helps with you make a decision.

Welcome to the forums blkmax600! The phazer is different than any other sled I have ever rode. They are a little bit tippy, but once you get use to it you will like it. I haven't had a problem with my phazer at all. I am glad I bout one. If your not looking for speed just lowend power then ya you should get a phazer.

Like onlyblue said the GT's do have deflectors on the side panels and on the side of the headlight. So you don't get cold.

Welcome to the forums blkmax600! The phazer is different than any other sled I have ever rode. They are a little bit tippy, but once you get use to it you will like it. I haven't had a problem with my phazer at all. I am glad I bout one. If your not looking for speed just lowend power then ya you should get a phazer.

Like onlyblue said the GT's do have deflectors on the side panels and on the side of the headlight. So you don't get cold.

jason4570 said:
I was in your situation last year and i decided to buy one. I got the 08 gt model. The tall windshield is good and it has some wind deflectors that the other models don't have I believe, the only problem i have is keeping my hands warm even with hand gaurds. I usually ride in anything above -25c. The fun factor is huge on this sled. My gt will do 80-85 mph on the speedo. If I had to do it over again I would have gotten the RTX model due to the stiffer suspension. So buy the model that suits you. hope this helps with you make a decision.
Get a pair of skins protective gear pro series hand guards, they are awesome. My hands are so much warmer now compared to plastic hand guards. Plus they strap on with velcro so they are easily removed or adjusted. I got mine from sled solutions for $50.00. You won't regret it.

Have 07 FX which is a short track. Nice machine. I'm 210 lbs and top end is 75 miles per hour at best. I put on the higher windsheild at one point and broke it and went to a medium. Stick with the tallest. Legs are not usually a problem for me as in the trails I find I have to do a fair amount of body on the cornering so active riding will keep you warm.

Biggest issue are my hands. Going to try the velcro on hand covers this year. I will ride in most any weather down to -30C. But at that point I take the the mxz550F as the hand warmers work much better and the heat from a fan and muffler is helpful down to the feet.

Phazer is a nice machine especially if your not a speed freak.

Back