• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Should we be charged for latest flash

snowdust

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
I called to see if a new to me 2014 Viper had the latest flash and it does not. They said the time had "expired" so I'd have to pay 1 hour of shop time at $120 to get it done. Have others experienced this? Seems odd there is a date on it.

I know it's not what you want to hear. But... if it's not under warranty it's not reasonable for a shop to give away time for nothing. If you were a regular customer I can see them helping you out. Otherwise, it sounds reasonable to me.

Thanks,

Ed

Oh I'm not questioning the shop doing it for free... I just thought it was an update by Yamaha that would be covered regardless of under warranty or not. Wanted to see if anyone else had the same experience. Just don't want to get ripped off if they shouldn't be charging me.

I had a similar with a firecat that I had that had a broken neck on the gas tank which was under recall. got into an argument with the guy at the counter ( not one of my more proud moments) when he tried to tell me I owed 500 for a new tank and labor and that the recall expired after a day or so of back and worth with the shop owner and the guy behind the desk i ended up getting covered because recalls don't expire

Yeah I hear ya. We have another one that runs good so I won't flash that, but this one doesn't seem to run quite as clean so I thought I'd try the latest flash on it. Maybe I'll cal around for pricing to se if anyone will do it for less than 1 hour labor. Sounds like it is correct that it is not free so that's what I really wanted to know. Thanks!!

I bought a 2015 ZR 7000 El Tigre back in 2018 and they did an updated flash before I put it on my trailer. The next year I brought it back for a good going over (maintenance) and they flashed it again for a back fire issue. No charge, unless they worked it into the cost of the purchase and the maintenance costs

Back