• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SideWinder ECU

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
ECU.JPG

ECU2.JPG

I wonder if it adjusts boost to compensate for elevation. Maintaining the same hp at all elevations like MCX does. I am thinking no since the btx has different clutching for flat land.
Literature states same hp at any elevation, so the answer is yes

No O2 sensor?

Nope, no 02 sensor.....

Pretty much same ECU as the Nytro with the extras for the turbo monitoring. Best thing they ever did was get rid of that Cat ECU.

As I said all along, they should have just kept the Nytro ECU in the Viper, figure out the gauge pod and handlebar controls. 95% of the issues with the Viper could have been avoided.

I hope the rev limiter is raised on this engine. Hitting the rev limiter at 9150 with turbo is not so nice for the engine. So i hope the rev limiter is higher now, At least 9500 rpm .
The Nytro was set at 9250 rpm
And Viper at 9150 rpm that is to low.
I now the clutches isnt suposed to go over 9000 rpm but, there are snow conditions that can be so you hit the rev limiter at 9150 rpm and then the valve cap can come loose.

Last edited:
I hope the rev limiter is raised on this engine. Hitting the rev limiter at 9150 with turbo is not so nice for the engine. So i hope the rev limiter is higher now, At least 9500 rpm .
The Nytro was set at 9250 rpm
And Viper at 9150 rpm that is to low.
I now the clutches isnt suposed to go over 9000 rpm but, there are snow conditions that can be so you hit the rev limiter at 9150 rpm and then the valve cap can come loose.

Ill post again here too.. its 9500 rpm.

Yah that's a great idea !!!!! The technology is really something!!!!!!

The question is, can you get your hands on a extra ecu. That way you can have that one reflashed, and then keep the stock one on the side. I know some cat guys do this to make sure their warranties don't get voided. Being the manufacturer can read if you screwed with ecu, of something went wrong.

The question is, can you get your hands on a extra ecu. That way you can have that one reflashed, and then keep the stock one on the side. I know some cat guys do this to make sure their warranties don't get voided. Being the manufacturer can read if you screwed with ecu, of something went wrong.

I think that will be really expensive option... but a great idea.

Back