• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TD MAX SPOOL 16

JPS

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 sidewinder XTX, 2017 Viper XTX, 07 apex attack, 95 Vmax4
Anyone running this tune with stock muffler? I am thinking of getting this flash for my Sidewinder XTX. i like the idea of keeping exhaust stock. looking to hear comments from from someone who put some trail miles on there Sidewinder with this tune.

Last year I bought the tuner and map bundle. He released this tune right at the end of the year. I got 1 trip running it for the weekend. Really woke the sled up. Noticeable difference from power trail. The power is addicting. This year I'm adding the superquiet muffler, cai, 3 bar and anti lag. My sled has 144 1.375 fast trac stainless studs. When it was stock they were adequate but after flashing the sled they were not enough and I actually bent and broke a few. Going back to mega bites this year. 192 1.575s

I also got to try the Stock Muffler/SM Max Spool 16 from TD.
Went from EcoTrail to Max Spool 16, and it is a big difference power wise.

My stock muffler was modded with a stock inlet and a 3” outlet for the EcoTrail.

I got a call from a riding buddy who advised me of warden problems( exhaust checks) in the area we were planning to go on our last upcountry ride. So when I had my dealer reflash the Max Spool 16, he came up with a repair to bring my outlet back down to the stock outlet size. So kinda Max spool 16 with SM.

Very powerful, able to see over 120 on dreameter even on warm days with lot’s of sticky meal on the trail!! Just what I wanted.

IMO, for the money you get so so so much more going with an entire map suite. I run the Hurricane suite(stock,240,270,290hp). You get ALL maps for the price of ONE. The only extra cost is the flasher cable, and IMO that extra cost gets you much more.

With this setup.....you get boost display on the gauge, along with the incredible left handlebar thumb switch option. In conjunction with a stock modded muffler(very quiet), you have the ultimate setup. This allows for instant map switching "on the fly" anytime, anywhere. With the built in knock detection and protection, I was able to trail ride Qc all weekend with 87 octane too. You can run the big trails hard with 87 and no knock, just will see that lite if you hold it WOT too long, but you can ease into it and run huge trail speeds(below wot) on those big trails without issue.

Also, Hurricane is the originator of the early spool race maps, and believe me they come on low like no other tune.

A one map sled leaves you with only one setup, and while there is nothing wrong with that, IMO for the amount you spend on that setup, for just alittle more you can have the ultimate sled, with all the bells and whistles.

Dan

Also have the hurricane bundle and could not be happier. Looking forward to installing his new innovative products for this season.

I'll be running the max spool 16 with stock muffler for some of this winter. Plan to purchase the flasher and tunes at the Toronto sled show in October. Will also be buying maps for free flowing mufflers for my riding in areas that noise isnt a concern/racing

I am also interested in max spool 16 for stock muffler sound. I've run muffler mod, the drone noise drives me nuts on trail, the excell pipe even though a tad louder is much better sounding.

any issues with long pulls, with etg's or lights coming on or anything else. I ride mostly corner to corner on tug hill, is the power through out or is it peaky?

Power comes on hard, great for corner to corner. They come with knock protection and as long as you use the correct fuel for the tune your running you will th ave no issues.

Does one have to send their ecu to get flashed or are there dealers in NY that will flash it?

Does one have to send their ecu to get flashed or are there dealers in NY that will flash it?
Spend the extra money and just get the flasher and tune bundle. Then you flash it yourself. All maps are available as you upgrade hardware and you get all updates to the maps. As fun as Max16 sm is, you will be itching for more power at some point. Turbo addiction is real.

Call TD , I'm not sure if they have a dealer near you, if any of your buddies have the flasher set up they can flash it for you. Call TD and Mike can help you out.

It's nice to have the bundle for those times when you might have poor fuel or you're just not sure.

Back