• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder MTX CCV setup (Still keeping the roll over valve)

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha Sidewinder MTX LE 50th
FE4C2F37-3EF3-4B02-9CB1-7B85C8E02586.jpeg
Hi everyone,

I only wanted to share my CCV reroute system for my Sidewinder MTX.

Since we cannot remove the roll over valve and do a loop to make the oil vapor escape, i’ve built this venturi into the exhaust setup.

No more oil in my turbo, intercooler & piping !!

I still can flip the sled over and over without any oil drip.

Hope it help.

I’m thinking it won’t unless the roll over valve acts as a one way check valve

Here is how is made in the inside.

It’s called the venturi effect, it made a lot of succion from the exhaust flow.

33CC5028-14E4-42EE-ADA5-2755A3D4C430.jpeg

Have you run it ? Now that you show the internal pipe it should work

You might have to Turn the internal pipe so the high side is hit with the exhaust first to create more negative pressure

Exactly, that’s what i did and it work perfectly. Very happy with this.

I like the concept. Are you building those for resale.

I’m not trying to be disrespectful but I would be concerned about maybe to much suction and maybe pulling oil out. Or have you run it enough to rule that out. Maybe that’s not a valid concern

Would a smaller Venturi pull less I wouldn’t think it requires much at all

Neat idea though

Thanks for your input, honestly I don’t think I will build and sell them, but I can give you the infos if you wan’t to try your own.

I drilled the bung plug with 1/2´´ bit. I’ve welded a 304 SS tube of the same diameter. I have slighly bend the tube and made the cut on the picture above.

I have plugged all the OEM intake vacuum ports.

I have taken an old hose and cutted it to the correct lenght and plugged everything you see on the first picture (with the roll over valve).

If you have any question, feel free to ask.

Thanks

Thanks for your input, honestly I don’t think I will build and sell them, but I can give you the infos if you wan’t to try your own.

I drilled the bung plug with 1/2´´ bit. I’ve welded a 304 SS tube of the same diameter. I have slighly bend the tube and made the cut on the picture above.

I have plugged all the OEM intake vacuum ports.

I have taken an old hose and cutted it to the correct lenght and plugged everything you see on the first picture (with the roll over valve).

If you have any question, feel free to ask.

Thanks
Thanks I can handle the build. And you haven’t noticed any oil consumption

That would be my only concern. Kinda brilliant actually

Actually I did not notice anything, i’ll give you news if there is something wrong with this.

Has anyone else tried this?
Is this the kit you used?
1699191298959.png

this also looks like an option
1699191411221.png

That’s an option I was looking for but never tried. Should work no problem IMO

Back