• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder windshield

Are we positive at this point the Cat windshields aren't interchangeable? They have some very cool looking windshields. I've called many dealers and no one seems to know. Same story at Haydays from factory reps. Just looking at the mount holes, they sure look similar.

All the 17 cat 9000 windshields that are above the headlight will screw right on. Including the Thundercat. If the cat windshield has wings(windy extends down side of headlight to hood)it will need modification to fit or may not fit.

that windshield is gawdy...fugly...there has to be a better choice somewhere...
That was posted for Snowbeast who wants that type of windshield. You probably would like the Thundercat Windy like Jonlafon likes.
Here. This will fit. Notice it has nothing below the windshield itself and has the two screws right at tip(same screw pattern as Vipers and 7000's) that is key. Lot of options.
image.png

Yes,right on brother,i have a cat/Yamaha dealer who stated the same thing as you just posted,so that may be my only choice,and yes I will trim to fit if possible. Thanks for the post,hey on another note,did I read one of your earlier posts where you said you may builda pipe/muffler for the SW if time permitted,for a lot less than TD wants?
No that wasn't me. I have to buy all the exhausts to try. Could have bought a turbo for what I have spent on em!

Thanks cannondale27 for the explanation . My sled is in, kind of figured the guys at TA will know about the thundercat windshield. That is the one IMO. Question is how long will it be on backorder? LOL.. Man I remember 2012 with cats, and trying to get accessories --that was a nightmare

the one above^^ will not fit notice the holes near the point...different location and bolts to brackets not the hood..ask me how i know

Hell I think we need some more time to compare what's what, I sure know the stock shield is way to short/cold. My dealer sells both Cat and Yamaha hoping they will figure this out

I don't understand why there are so little accessories/ windshield choices. I loved the sport 9.5. " but nothing for the sidewinder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to Novi show in a couple weeks and hopefully there will be models on display to help me make a decision.

Heck I'd even consider cobra/powermadd if and when they release model specific mid.

at the syracuse show .the dx shield looked like the only shield that would fit a sw and protect you from the cold .they said the viper one i wanted was different .

the one above^^ will not fit notice the holes near the point...different location and bolts to brackets not the hood..ask me how i know
Don't just the 17 2 stroke cats wth new hood have the metal brackets? Like the xc6000

Thank God you guys are here, I almost ordered the White AC one just now. I need to calm down and wait for my damn RTX SE to even get here.

Back