• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder windshield

I'm a grandpa. Maybe that's why I like it?

Wonder if the mid-height one pictured will have the same irritating characteristic of pushing your head forward because of the air circling around back? That was the case on my Apex with a mid-height. Noticeable and didn't like it. Chose to go back to the factory height one.

But the "hood ornament" one that comes with the LTX-LE SW is just not enough for 40 below in Ontario for 300+ miles a day for a week straight.

I would really like to run the windshield off the Thundercat on my Sidewinder. ANYONE know if it will work? Its all black and MEDIUM kinda. actually perfect from my experience. Had that shield on my 2015 Cat 7000 el tigre

Here's a rtx at a show. Prototype I understand View attachment 121519

I will let you know when I see one in person. That picture is an LE model so that might be the same one that's on the LT-X LE models. It's hard to tell from the picture but it does look quite short. It looks lower than the handlebars.

I would really like to run the windshield off the Thundercat on my Sidewinder. ANYONE know if it will work? Its all black and MEDIUM kinda. actually perfect from my experience. Had that shield on my 2015 Cat 7000 el tigre

I would too...

I was told/warned by kevin at port...the cats used different mounts for the equivelent cat vs yamaha ...probably to prevent us from doing just this!

If this is the medium height than the high must be pretty high, this looks good for me, thanks for posting pictures.
Now just need my sled to come in.

speaking of which...any headway on the wiring?
Not yet, meant to get to it on Sunday but had some work issues I had to take care of unfortunately. I will post when I finish it. Don't know if I'll have time this weekend or not, heading over to Minnesota for family visit (girlfriends father is at Mayo) and to look at (buy if all goes well) a turbo nytro for off trail fun.

ee9e22d48e4e999743e7873e547e0dbe.jpg

700621ff70f681b3f79a76e27d609aea.jpg

5498ef2d18b6e37d6a5cb182b610a14d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like a nice warm windshield but that looks like a sail. Similar to the high windshield I had on my 2010 z1 turbo. Extremely warm but ugly as sin. The cat mid height windshield I had on my xf was perfect. Hope they have something in between.

I would too...

I was told/warned by kevin at port...the cats used different mounts for the equivelent cat vs yamaha ...probably to prevent us from doing just this!
Anybody notice that the hood on the Thundercat is a little different than the Sidewinder. Sidewinder has extra vents up top on each side and what appears to be fins on each side by the windshield. My guess is no cat shield will fit.

Yes,what I want to,so I can add shieldmirrors,like my lxr had.

Yes,what I want to,so I can add shieldmirrors,like my lxr had.
If Yamaha doesn't offer one then this is going to be your best bet for windshield. This is a Crosstrex. We already know the main mounts fit both Cat and Yamaha we don't know about the wings. Lot of Viper guys made the cat windshield wings work so if nothing comes through it shouldn't be too difficult.
image.png

I am going to say yes. The bolt pattern is same from last year and we know it's the same on Vipers. Back a few posts there is a pic with a Viper windshield on a Sidewinder Thundercat windy and yours does NOT have wings right? That's key.

If Yamaha doesn't offer one then this is going to be your best bet for windshield. This is a Crosstrex. We already know the main mounts fit both Cat and Yamaha we don't know about the wings. Lot of Viper guys made the cat windshield wings work so if nothing comes through it shouldn't be too difficult.
View attachment 121533
Yes,right on brother,i have a cat/Yamaha dealer who stated the same thing as you just posted,so that may be my only choice,and yes I will trim to fit if possible. Thanks for the post,hey on another note,did I read one of your earlier posts where you said you may builda pipe/muffler for the SW if time permitted,for a lot less than TD wants?

I am going to say yes. The bolt pattern is same from last year and we know it's the same on Vipers. Back a few posts there is a pic with a Viper windshield on a Sidewinder Thundercat windy and yours does NOT have wings right? That's key.
Wings? Not sure what that means, but I did order the orange LTX SE if that helps. Hell I might just have to get the smoke medium and trim it down myself!

Back