• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Year to Year Performance

IMO, if chain rubs on center post, it's too loose. 21-38, 21-41, etc. In general, I think most would want largest top gear available for the ratio they choose to run.

IMO, if chain rubs on center post, it's too loose. 21-38, 21-41, etc. In general, I think most would want largest top gear available for the ratio they choose to run.
I’ve always thought the combo of loose chain and small 21T can cause that, or seemed like it caused that on mine! Way back when my 2017 was on its first season and that occurred. When brought to the attention of my dealer, he knew of that problem from the Viper which also used that 21T. I was told back then, hand tight and only 1 turn, instead of the manual directions of 1.5! It happened to me more then once, until I tuned and added the 22T. Very easy to tell if it’s doing that by the metal fragments in oil! Haven’t seen that in years!!!

Back