• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski Spindle Bushing

pedros83

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro XTX
Anyone out there know where i can get an aftermarket bushing kit for the front spindle bushings? I know ulmer has them but trying to find something in canada

Up Bushman on forum has stainless steel set. Very nice. Search them, no one is disappointed with them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I just got mine from Brian's Yamaha, about $4 each. You can also compare at Mcmastercarr

Yes factory black plastic. They also have the brass but can't remember how much more. Since this is my backup sled and 29000 km on first set, figured stock ones did fine.

Yamaha spindle bushings are tin like. The A arm bushings are plastic. I have UP Bushmans stainless steel spindle kit with about 4000 miles and are still tight as when I put them in. Cost is considerably higher than $4.00 but I am not complaining.

Sorry, I was referring to A Arm bushings.

Absolutely UP bushman no more slop in the skis!!

Pete

I'm not sure if he's still making them. Last time I heard from him was a few years ago.

Can someone breakdown the bushing parts in the spindle. So theres a metal bushing built into the spindle... and metal sleeve inside that which the bolt passes through with spacers on either side? Something im missing? Arent there suppose to plastic bushings somewhere?

The stock setup has two bimetal bushings in the spindle which tend to wear quickly. There is a sleeve that slides through the spindle's bimetal bushings then a spacer is slide over the sleeve to set the ski offset.

This is the UP bushman install: http://ty4stroke.com/threads/spindle-bushing-removal-premium-bushing-upgrade.110774/#post-983279

Stock bushings:
spindle bushings.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks grizz. That was most helpfull. Looks like the previous owner did away with the bi metal bushings and fabbed something similar to up bushman. What is normal play tolerance? 0? Lol

Back