• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski vs Skid Geometry

willyswagon

Veteran
I have been trying get my 08 Phazer MTX set up properly since I bought it several weeks ago.

When I first got it the skis and skid were set up to the highest preload, and the limit strap was on the second shortest setting.

It was like riding a Bronco. It couldn't go through a corner in any snow condition without hanging a ski high in the air.

I have since dropped the skis to the third setting and the skid to the second. This causes it to bottom out from time to time.

The limit strap is now on the second lowest. It was working decently like that a couple of days ago on hard packed snow.

Yesterday we got into some deep soft snow and it felt like it was just sliding its way around, fishtailing all over the top of the snow.

Just when I think I'm getting it dialed in the snow conditions change, and I have to start all over again. :o|

Does anyone know of any article which may explain what adjustment is best for snow conditions and rider sizes?

Back