• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skid removal

Mattcull

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha venture lite
I have a 2009 venture lite. I’m looking to remove the skis to check bearings, install
Slider and limiter straps. Does anyone have info on how to take the skid out? I’ve never done it!

And a separate question, anyone have a link for a front skid plate or snow deflector so I can better floatation

Thanks for the help guys!

yamaha used to offer the skinz float plate for the phazer. i would think with some work it would work on a lite or mp.

as to the rear suspension removal, put rear of sled on stand or use a lift if you have one. loosen track adjusters all the way off. then un hook torsion springs from where they sit on the slide rail. pull the rear shaft bolts and compress the shock so that the rear scizors sit on the rail. might need to hold it down with a tie wrap if your shock still has a good nitrogen charge. then pull the front shaft bolts. might have to collapse the front arm a bit to get it out but now the skid should come out.

dang it lol. great minds and all.

Back