• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sled weights

Oh not saying that they are nose heavy based on them picking in same exact spot. Just saying in general the balance of the sleds are more nose heavy than other brands from a rider stand point. That just made it noticeable.
100% agree but to get the center of gravity (and rotation) to the right place is going to be very tricky.

As Earthling states, for the 4S sleds, it would help allot to get better balance between rear and front. I.e. IMO, balance front to rear would help them feel lighter. They're all nose-heavy. Move the engine back 12" (or whatever it takes), (yes, I know that's asking allot!) and they would feel much lighter when riding them. JM2C

Wow what happened to those porky Doos? They have really added some weight to that chassis! Now if you put the turbo 900 in there it will be another 40 lbs on top of that 850. It would seem those smart shock really add weight to that package. When you compare the 900 turbo Doo adrenaline to the Turbo 900 Mach there's a huge penalty to the smart shock package. As I recall, it was very substantial, this weigh in verifies that between the 850 Blizzard to the smart shock package model.

Amazing that EPS added virtually nothing to the Winder which is surprising. I recall the 17 Winder LTX-LE was 10 lbs heavier than this 23 they weighed here, but it was loaded with studs too, so really similar to a non EPS sled, and it was weighed by American Snowmobiler, not these guys, but either way, the EPS sled isn't much heavier than the so called "lightweight 850 Doos"!

Man, I remember my old 1200 Doo Renegade X full wet at 605 on the scales. That was a a very light four-stroke, but I'll take the Winder over all of them.

I went and compared a couple new Doo's the other day and its substantial the layers of storage, plastics, electronics, and accessories that Doo has added to make the sled more relevant. My 07 Rev has a manual fuel tank gauge, and minimal everything from that era so it was fun to see how they have increased the amenities when you can compare so easily.

I wish yamaha would have spent more time on the easy weight of the Apex, it gave the sled a bad reputation, but things like a 30lb seat, 25lb exhaust, 18lb battery, 75lb suspension, etc ruined all the amazing engineering of the CF cast bulkhead and steering gate which is feather light, then all the magnesium castings were also brilliant in the "parts that mattered" then throw 100lbs of crap on it with seemingly no thought process lol

This was eye-opening to say the least! Would have loved to see the 900R getting weighed since everyone jumps ship to doo for the supposed 'lighter 4stroke'. I'm now sure that the sidewinder would be lighter than any 4 stroke offering from Doo after seeing this. I was shocked to see the 21lbs difference with an actual 2 stroke sled!
I guess haters are so used to saying the sidewinders are heavy pigs without any real data to back it up.

This was eye-opening to say the least! Would have loved to see the 900R getting weighed since everyone jumps ship to doo for the supposed 'lighter 4stroke'. I'm now sure that the sidewinder would be lighter than any 4 stroke offering from Doo after seeing this. I was shocked to see the 21lbs difference with an actual 2 stroke sled!
I guess haters are so used to saying the sidewinders are heavy pigs without any real data to back it up.

According to doo marketing material the 900R weighs 40 lbs more than the comparable 850 (no SS on either). That puts the doo about 25lbs heavier than the winder which in this case has both EPS and IQS.

I went and compared a couple new Doo's the other day and its substantial the layers of storage, plastics, electronics, and accessories that Doo has added to make the sled more relevant. My 07 Rev has a manual fuel tank gauge, and minimal everything from that era so it was fun to see how they have increased the amenities when you can compare so easily.

I wish yamaha would have spent more time on the easy weight of the Apex, it gave the sled a bad reputation, but things like a 30lb seat, 25lb exhaust, 18lb battery, 75lb suspension, etc ruined all the amazing engineering of the CF cast bulkhead and steering gate which is feather light, then all the magnesium castings were also brilliant in the "parts that mattered" then throw 100lbs of crap on it with seemingly no thought process lol
Maxsled.com, years ago, performed a similar "wet weight chalenge" where they weighed a bunch of new sleds. The RX, RS models came in at around 660lbs wet. So they weren't all they piggy! Actually they weighed about the same as Cat's 2s twin spar sleds according to the article, which seemingly no longer exists, although results can still be found on various discussion forums.

Hanging the sleds by the handlebars is no way to measure weight bias front and rear.
The handlebars are much further forward on some of the sleds in the video.

According to doo marketing material the 900R weighs 40 lbs more than the comparable 850 (no SS on either). That puts the doo about 25lbs heavier than the winder which in this case has both EPS and IQS.

The LTX-LE does not have IQS. It has the QS3-R's on it for all 4 shocks.

Hanging the sleds by the handlebars is no way to measure weight bias front and rear.
The handlebars are much further forward on some of the sleds in the video.

The're not measuring front to rear bias, just a simple total sled wet weight.

Did they gain a bunch of weight when they went from the 900T to the 900R?

I have a Sidewinder and a 900T Adrenaline model. The 900 feels lighter when you are riding it and it feels MUCH lighter when you pick up the sleds to put them on dolly’s, especially up front. Perhaps it is just how the weight is placed.

He never does specify if it has power steering although it does appear to have the QS3-R's, which should make it the LE(with power steering), and not the SE like he thinks it is.

Back