• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slide Wear tricks

One thing is for sure, the shortest I ever got out of a set of hyfax was 2500 miles. Then I bought a yamaha. They were toast in 650. same conditions ect ect,... :o|

3 sets of sliders last year melted in 3000 k.
First 2 sets with good snow, last set burned fast late in season when trails turn to ice at night.
3 new mods to the skid this year to try to extend life.
Bigger 135mm ski-doo wheels, ski ice scratchers and added Yamaha low snow small idler kit by the approach curve up front.
Ice scratchers should also help some of the overheating issues on hard pack or ice trails.

If you replace the slides at the same time you put bigger idlers on there will NOT be anymore strain on rails than with stock size wheels even after the slides wear down.Only difference will be that the slides wont wear down as far before the idlers start actually working.

This is what I did.

Attachments

• wheels1 (Small).jpg
    wheels1 (Small).jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 71
  • wheels2 (Small).jpg
    wheels2 (Small).jpg
    64 KB · Views: 76
  • wheels3 (Small).jpg
    wheels3 (Small).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 80
Rayman5271 said:
What is the best way to stop the excessive slide wearing on the 09 Nytro. I have seen mid wheel kits and front wheel kits but before I drop 3 or 4 hundred Im curious if the claims of less drag and less wear and more speed is true and if it is what are the best kits.

Thanks

For the record I used the Three wheel FIX performance kits and they worked awesome. I saw a 7 MPH difference after I added the wheels. There are two spots on the rails where there are empty holes where you bolt them up

Back