• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sloppy steering on my phazer

My 07 phazer has about a half of inch of play i never notice it while riding....can the play in the steering get worse though?

I need help getting the old plastic steering bushings off my Phazer, tried to remove rod but the adjustment needs to be taken off. Tried to turn the lock nut on the rod but it needed to much torque so that's why I'm here before I break something.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414006152.694828.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414006334.798475.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414006359.482254.jpg

Last edited:
Go to your dealer look at a brand new Phazer with zero miles on it and its got alot of play in the handlebars, its just the way it is. The bottom line is you don't notice it when out riding and having fun. Our last Phazers had 5000 miles of boondocking and some trail riding and the steering was never a issue. Never added a kit or changed anything in the steering.

Hello Gary, and welcome to the forum!

Looking at the first of the pictures you posted, I can tell you that the lock/jam nut shown has left-hand threads. So if you put a wrench on it while standing where you were when the picture was taken, you'll want to lift up and rotate the wrench towards the front of the sled. I apologize if you already knew this, but thought I'd mention it anyway. If possible, I would also suggest using a "flare nut" wrench to minimize the chance of rounding off the nut.

Good luck, and hopefully this helps!

Attachments

• 0000-flare%20nut%20wrench-c.jpg
    0000-flare%20nut%20wrench-c.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 85
I got it figured out, just having a hard time contacting up bushman, as I last resort I will replace with crappy yam parts.

Back