• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sno Scoot oil change HELP.

SqueezeER

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2020 Winder Ltx LE
Maybe I missing something here...maybe there is an easy way to do this without taking half the machine apart to get to the drain plug. Please tell me how a normal human being is suppose to change the oil on this thing. There is NO room to work. NO room to get tools in there because the bottom doesn't have a panel that will remove. Anyways I'm not gonna rant anymore...just looking for help.

that sucks. i would use a hole saw to make an access hole for the drain plug and then put on or make a skid plate for it to cover the hole that was removable out of aluminum or plastic.

My mower, generator and pressure sprayer I just drain it through the fill hole by tipping. Never did a sno scoot But might work.

Maybe I missing something here...maybe there is an easy way to do this without taking half the machine apart to get to the drain plug. Please tell me how a normal human being is suppose to change the oil on this thing. There is NO room to work. NO room to get tools in there because the bottom doesn't have a panel that will remove. Anyways I'm not gonna rant anymore...just looking for help.
I will take a look at mine and try to remember how I did it exactly. It was in december and I cant recall the exact procedure I used but I remember being quite frustrated that something so simple could be so difficult. Ill try to post back later this morning, Im sure when I look at it Ill remember how I did it.

Suck the oil out the fill/check hole with an electric pump like we do marine engine oil changes?
oil sucker.jpg

Thank you guys for the responses back. Here is the story. It took 3 socket extensions, an extra set of hands, and some bloody knuckles to finally get the drain plug off. For the life of me I can't understand why there is no belly pan to open up. I know its a kids sled but that was brutal. Just a heads up for those that have one of these, there was quite a bit of metal in the oil. When I originally looked at the oil on the dip stick, I was surprised at how clean the oil was. After draining it, and putting the pan in the sun, you could see all the sparkle. Unless there was something in the oil pan, it looked like quite a bit of metal. I guess with the absence of a filter, that's what you get?

Thanks again for the responses.

Thank you guys for the responses back. Here is the story. It took 3 socket extensions, an extra set of hands, and some bloody knuckles to finally get the drain plug off. For the life of me I can't understand why there is no belly pan to open up. I know its a kids sled but that was brutal. Just a heads up for those that have one of these, there was quite a bit of metal in the oil. When I originally looked at the oil on the dip stick, I was surprised at how clean the oil was. After draining it, and putting the pan in the sun, you could see all the sparkle. Unless there was something in the oil pan, it looked like quite a bit of metal. I guess with the absence of a filter, that's what you get?

Thanks again for the responses.

Forgot to mention that this was the first oil change on the sled as its a 2020. Maybe that's the reason for the sparkle.

1st oil change will sparkle as it washes out all the crud they cannot get out. if 2nd sparkles, that is bad.

Use an oil extraction pump, pump out through fill hole. You do need to lift rear of sled to get all oil out is only thing.

Back