• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow?

Bamboo said:
ROCKERDAN said:
For anyone who rides around muskoka/sprucedale area(central ontario)

My buddy just sent me these pics from today.....he was first sled to ride to the famous Sprucedale hotel on the Seguin!

a fresh 9-10"!

Dan

My Wife was in Huntsville Friday night. Crazy storm, but on Saturday when she headed home the snow disappeared going south. Gravenhurst was still green.

typical snowbelt area...muskoka gets pounded when its a WEST wind,they dont see any snow south of bracebridge till you start to get more WNW wind....the higher amts so far were north of Huntsville.

but today Bracebridge has been getting a good pounding....gotta love lake effect snow!!

also there is a big storm coming from Colorado for wednesday....looks to give muskoka more heavy snow,while niagara will be more likely rain..

wont be long now!

they are forecasting the same here in new liskeard area,bring it on,was out for a short rip today,the lakes are freezing,the radar gun was out yesterday,best time of the year hands down

Colorado Low?

What the Hell is a Colorado Low ?lol sounds like a bad hook up in Dever lol

The snow is coming. We have 2" on the ground and 6"-12" tomorrow night with another 2"-4" Wednesday. Should be enough to open the trails around here. Looks like ill be grooming this weekend to prepare since no trails will open around me because of the damn late season T-Zone anterless hunting season!

it's beginning to smell a lot like Winter - its supposed to be 0 here on Wednesday and snows a commin. I loaded 3 into the trailer with the newest project sled just finnished yesterday. Oh I am going to look at a turboed rx mountain tommorrow to round out the corral. I leased a place in Pence just south of Hurley WI (gateway to the UP) for the winter. Trails ope the 15th Yamahooooooo.

How much snow did the big storm drop on everyone? We only got like 3 inches...mostly blew into the ditches.

Any word on Mercer and Hurley WI?

Haven't actually measured it but it's plenty deep here right now. My son and his friends have been riding and he said in some of the fields that he's riding through snow that's coming partway up his legs and he's on a 07' Phazer. He was doing drift busting and said one drift was over his waist and he's 5'8" right now. But where it's not drifted I would say we got a good foot or better, but it's supposed to rain here Monday and be 39* as well as hit 36* Sunday. Then we are supposed to turn cold again and the forecast is calling for snow next week Tuesday through Friday. We can only hope their right.

Minden

South Lake, Minden, ON

My friend has a cottage there and he said one guy tried to sled on a trail before the groomers were out and he buried it in the ditch and had to walk back for help. They came back and actually had a hard time finding it again!

Attachments

• DSCF1211.JPG
    DSCF1211.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCF1212.JPG
    DSCF1212.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 107
Muskoka region in Central Ontario got record lake effect snowfall on late thurs into friday....the cold westerly wind was peristant for 36-48 hrs and targetted our region,which is due east of Georgian bay. The bands of lake effect originated all the way up on lake superior then gained more moisture off lake huron then Georgian bay,to create a heavy band of 3-4" per hour snowsqualls!

Bracebridge to Minden was the bulls-eye where the streamer stayed centered for the most time....they ended up with 87-90cms in 36hrs,that translates to 3 FEET!!!!....here are a couple pics to show what Huntsville looks like(just 15 miles north of Bracebridge) where we got 50-65Cms!

Dan

Back