• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So he bought the Cat Turbo ProX...

KnappAttack said:
And to think Yamaha is now going to use the very same chassis and suspension!

I know what that's all about, I had a F1100 turbo!
Poor SOB. all he had to do was read HCS and do a little bit of research prior to purchase could have saved himself a lot of heartache.
^agreed! See my SIG

Dan

One thing about owning one of these piles of garbage is you really get to know you dealer.....because thats where your new sled is always at. I love it when they go into limp mode for no reason and wont move.

Well I think next season is going to be good for Yamaha dealers in their service department. A friend of mine used to own a Yamaha dealership in Burnsville, MN which is no longer there......so I can talk about 'em....LOL..!!!

After the first few years of Yamaha only they picked up Cat. He told me they made all sorts of $$$ after that on warranty stuff because the Cats were always coming back, unlike the Yamahas which you never saw again until trade in time.

Sled

ROCKERDAN said:
KnappAttack said:

Poor SOB. all he had to do was read HCS and do a little bit of research prior to purchase could have saved himself a lot of heartache.
^agreed! See my SIG

Dan

So ROCKERDAN you didn't like your Cat? What is the next sled project for you..

Re: Sled

helmic said:
ROCKERDAN said:
KnappAttack said:

^agreed! See my SIG

Dan

its not that i did not like the cat turbo, it was by far the fastest sled ive ever owned, boosted up to 260+hp this sled made me have a perma smile on the trails! It handled very good and felt 100lbs lighter then my apex, railed on the trails. the new viper feels nearly same as my turbo minus the power.

Mine was good too, Im anal and I went thru sled from day one, added alot to it and had great reliability. The problem is I was always waiting for it to break. If you look on HCS, every thread there is about something breaking or blowing.

So i decided to sell it before i had an issue....also selling my apex which has not even been used for two seasons now.

Rode my buds etec alot this winter, and all i can say is nothing feels like Rmotion, and getting back on a 2 stroke the weight is alot less now then ever, the etecs ride is so flickable and leaves you riding harder, faster and longer then the 4 stroke.

so Im ordering a new 800etec X package for 14....probably keep it two seasons or so.

Dan

Re: Sled

ROCKERDAN said:
helmic said:
ROCKERDAN said:
KnappAttack said:

^agreed! See my SIG

Dan

its not that i did not like the cat turbo, it was by far the fastest sled ive ever owned, boosted up to 260+hp this sled made me have a perma smile on the trails! It handled very good and felt 100lbs lighter then my apex, railed on the trails. the new viper feels nearly same as my turbo minus the power.

Mine was good too, Im anal and I went thru sled from day one, added alot to it and had great reliability. The problem is I was always waiting for it to break. If you look on HCS, every thread there is about something breaking or blowing.

So i decided to sell it before i had an issue....also selling my apex which has not even been used for two seasons now.

Rode my buds etec alot this winter, and all i can say is nothing feels like Rmotion, and getting back on a 2 stroke the weight is alot less now then ever, the etecs ride is so flickable and leaves you riding harder, faster and longer then the 4 stroke.

so Im ordering a new 800etec X package for 14....probably keep it two seasons or so.

yeh, get rid of it before the warranty expires and the crank bearings fail......Don't get me wrong, nice sled, goood power, great ride...........just saying....

Dan

I find it amazing on how much people know what is going to brake on a snowmobile that has'nt been built yet? "Who do you guys think will win the super bowl next year?"

Back