• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sorry Yamaha 10,000 kms and no new changes so bye bye

stopdropanroll said:
09nytro said:
Ok well we will see you later than !!! The best of luck with the cat ..I would never buy a cat , them F##### pulled out of the shop i worked at and then a or almost a year later they closed down .

PS
keep a tow rope with you ;)!

I always do!
WOW!!!!! I didn't think you rode that thing its way to pretty . Anyway it got to be out of gas that would be the only reason you would pull it

miner said:
Have you ever listened to the sound of a two cylinder four stroke?

I love the sound of my phazer :Rockon:

I hope the cat works out for you, I have been left on the trail 3 times by my cat the first season I had it, sold it (and it wouldn't even start when the guy came) and bought a yamaha. Although they are not perfect, I've been able to get home every ride. Maybe I was unlucky, but the season is too short to rely on luck.

I like that they are pushing foreword in the sled industry. It makes me look foreword to what the other 3 will bring to the snow next year.Yamaha has not done a good job with satisfying their costumers that have had their sled for many years and are ready to step it up to a new yammy. That said I would still ride a yamaha even with all the problems listed above. ;)!

09nytro said:
stopdropanroll said:
09nytro said:
Ok well we will see you later than !!! The best of luck with the cat ..I would never buy a cat , them F##### pulled out of the shop i worked at and then a or almost a year later they closed down .

PS
keep a tow rope with you ;)!

I always do!
WOW!!!!! I didn't think you rode that thing its way to pretty . Anyway it got to be out of gas that would be the only reason you would pull it

6600+ miles in 3 years, since I had extra gas on the back I would say that it was not the issue. That tow rope has ONLY pulled 2 sleds out of the bush.........BOTH Yamahas!

I had Very little trouble with the sled and had an awesome dealer that i feel bad leaving and know that i will now get the support of the dealer , TY, and people on the trails as I did with my Yamaha . I am in the market for a new sled because i sold my nytro and missed this riding season. Because the nytro has not changed and actually had their models reduced in canada to just the base stock one , not even the rtx is available up here . also i was hoping they would put the exhaust valve from the apex into this year but they didn';t . I know that the cat will not have the fit and finish that all my yamaha products have had but 13gs canadain for a turbo 1100 that will rip and went on a serious diet 60lbs is worth a shot . other wise its a nytro for 12gs and ill have to dump 2 to make it the sled i just sold .thats the bottom line.....you guys on this forum have been great and the information spot on ....THANK YOU

stopdropanroll said:
Guys, I am not trying to bash. I am just pointing out the things that make me wonder, yes the motors are rock solid but if you cant get it started how good is a rock solid motor?? I hope I am back, I like owning a Yamaha and I like this site, but I do not wear blue goggles and I am not brand loyal. There are to many good sleds out there to be brand loyal. I am in the automotive business and it's the same thing on that side, I get a chance to drive allot of different brand new cars from all sorts of different manufactures, I am a chevy guy but they have some good and some bad just as everyone does. The Nytro falls into the "missed the mark" category for me. Nice sled but just doesn't do anything overly well, I am NOT calling it a piece of *&%# I jst want something that is a true crossover.
It might not do anything one thing overly well, but it is indeed a very well rounded machine. That's the very definition of a machine that doesn't excel in one area, but does many things well.

I certainly don't think the Nytro is the end all-be all, and I agree, if I was shopping for a new machine, I wouldn't buy another Nytro, not because I don't love my Nytro, but because it just doesn't make sense to me to buy a machine so identical to one I already have.

I'd also be lookng at a new Cat if I was buying. They have one sweet line up for next year.

NFLD-Nytro said:
stopdropanroll said:
Guys, I am not trying to bash. I am just pointing out the things that make me wonder, yes the motors are rock solid but if you cant get it started how good is a rock solid motor?? I hope I am back, I like owning a Yamaha and I like this site, but I do not wear blue goggles and I am not brand loyal. There are to many good sleds out there to be brand loyal. I am in the automotive business and it's the same thing on that side, I get a chance to drive allot of different brand new cars from all sorts of different manufactures, I am a chevy guy but they have some good and some bad just as everyone does. The Nytro falls into the "missed the mark" category for me. Nice sled but just doesn't do anything overly well, I am NOT calling it a piece of *&%# I jst want something that is a true crossover.
It might not do anything one thing overly well, but it is indeed a very well rounded machine. That's the very definition of a machine that doesn't excel in one area, but does many things well.

I certainly don't think the Nytro is the end all-be all, and I agree, if I was shopping for a new machine, I wouldn't buy another Nytro, not because I don't love my Nytro, but because it just doesn't make sense to me to buy a machine so identical to one I already have.

I'd also be lookng at a new Cat if I was buying. They have one sweet line up for next year.

Thanks for getting my point. The XF is about as good as it gets for what I want to do. It has M inspired suspension, 3.0 pitch track, and gobs of HP and looks sick. For me I was at a cross road, dump more money and boost my nytro and commit to riding it another 3 years or buy something else, when the new Cats came along I couldn't resist. Easy to switch tracks and head for the hills knowing it will perform with out a laundry list of MTN mods. Also the abilty to reach killer HP numbers for a fair price.

For what its worth guys if I was buying a sled today it would be the new AC Turbo 1100 XF. My main riding buddy has a 09 Turbo 1100 and that motor is for real, not any trouble in the 4000 miles same as my Nytro, pulls like a freight train and it rides like a frickin Cadillac compared to my RTX. The new chassis is allot lighter and seems to be more rider forward, looks sweet and I bet it rides well too. Yamaha needs to take notice Cats 4 stroke is a nice powerplant and they look to have the chassis to go with it. Yammi needs to step it up IMO.

Well my friends 08 nytro left him stranded 3 times this year and i towed it with my 08 nytro.He had 2 starter's go and the fuel relay froze on him while he was out ice fishing.He is looking to upgrade and i think he is lookin at another brand also...I like my nytro but yamaha needs to realize they must change to keep us riding them.If i buy a NEW sled i don't want it to be the exact same as what im ridin now..

NFLD-Nytro said:

Great post, I feel the exact same way!.............

Enjoy the new cat but im pretty sure you will be back to the blue fold for the 2013 model :Rockon: .

Back