• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sorry Yamaha 10,000 kms and no new changes so bye bye

jp111 said:
136monoshock said:
low slung said:
Rear exhaust is the only way to go on a four-stroke.But on the other hand there are alot of people who like the nose heavy feel of having the exhaust on the front end :o| .Wonder if these people would buy a motorcycle with the muffler on the front forks :jump: .

Your joking right? the nose heaviest sleds on the market today are the yamaha's.

Cat took 60 pounds right off the front of the 2012 sleds. plus another 15 in other places.

take a look at this chart from the real world amsnow shootout this year. it's not looking good for some company.

I keep reading about this "60 lbs" cat took off the front of the sled, but when you look at the weight charts that where realesed in the over sea's markets the weights are not to far from a nytro. That chart is probably one of the most biased things I have seen, a ski doo tnt ace although light does not come in at "521lbs" wet. plus you have to read the note that it was not weighed with studs like the rest.

I thought this site was supposed to be for Yamaha Enthusiast's but since the cat release I have read so much distaste and bashing of the Yamaha Motor Company it almost makes me regret my decision of buying a Nytro.

Every manufacture in every powersports industry has problems of some kind, thats a fact some more annoying then others. No matter how hard any industries tries to test everything, once something is released to the public they will find the issues with them guarenteed.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I feel you should buy what you like, want, and ulltimatley can afford to keep you in the great sport of snowmobiling. Its going to be a long summer if everybody bashes the motor company.

The secret is just to go out and ride, and enjoy your sled. In my third winter with my sled, and well over 10,000kms and I love it more than ever. Sure there's things about it I wish Yamaha would address, but it's the first time I've gone three years without losing a motor, and the first time in 15 years I've had a sled for that long and planned on keeping it for longer. That says alot about how much fun the Nytro is, and since the Nytro is my first Yamaha I certainly don't feel that way because I'm brand biased.

Two years ago i rode a 1200 doo renegade for 15minutes on a rough trail and i know for a fact that my 04warrior could run the same trail and carry more speed over the rough terrain(no groomer where i ride and NO SPEED LIMITS).The 1200 doo is a boat anchor in a two-stroke frame.Some folks may be offend by that comment but its a fact.Sure,the rear skid on the doos works wonders and the two-stroke 600e-tec and 800r cornered like they were on rails but at 80mph all three ran out of steam when you hit the loud handle,nose heavy feel when jumping(yeah,i jumped the doos when i saw the first drift)and heavy steering effort.While i never rode the new cats i know for a fact from hearing stories from fellow riders hear in my town(many cats in town) and my own experience of owning a 94 puma brand new that they have many issues.Issues that will leave your sled at the local dealer while the snow is flying(not much good to have 60pounds lighter if its sitting at the dealer with a coolant leak :jump: ).As for the rear mounted exhaust,i trust the work of yamahas vast knowledge gain since 1979 studying four-stroke powerplants in snowmobiles instead over sticking a four-stroke in a two-stroke chassis(so easy somebody in they garage could doo it :-o ).

NFLD-Nytro said:
A gas tank for grown-ups, the gauge package off the Apex, handwarmers and switch gear that make sense, and some storage, and they'd have an attractive sled again.

agree 100%, this is where yamie misses the boat. I love my Nytro, but I don't plan on changing my fuel tank again and upgrading everything that should have been done prior. I don't mind modding to personalize a sled, but seeing the competition out there, seems to be better alternatives for now. Unfortunate sales have to drop before certain issues get addressed.

Dan

jp111 said:
136monoshock said:
low slung said:
Rear exhaust is the only way to go on a four-stroke.But on the other hand there are alot of people who like the nose heavy feel of having the exhaust on the front end :o| .Wonder if these people would buy a motorcycle with the muffler on the front forks :jump: .

Your joking right? the nose heaviest sleds on the market today are the yamaha's.

Cat took 60 pounds right off the front of the 2012 sleds. plus another 15 in other places.

take a look at this chart from the real world amsnow shootout this year. it's not looking good for some company.

I keep reading about this "60 lbs" cat took off the front of the sled, but when you look at the weight charts that where realesed in the over sea's markets the weights are not to far from a nytro. That chart is probably one of the most biased things I have seen, a ski doo tnt ace although light does not come in at "521lbs" wet. plus you have to read the note that it was not weighed with studs like the rest.

I thought this site was supposed to be for Yamaha Enthusiast's but since the cat release I have read so much distaste and bashing of the Yamaha Motor Company it almost makes me regret my decision of buying a Nytro.

Every manufacture in every powersports industry has problems of some kind, thats a fact some more annoying then others. No matter how hard any industries tries to test everything, once something is released to the public they will find the issues with them guarenteed.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I feel you should buy what you like, want, and ulltimatley can afford to keep you in the great sport of snowmobiling. Its going to be a long summer if everybody bashes the motor company.

Stop reading and go watch the launch video. The CEO of cat says the took 6 ten pound bowling balls of the front of the sled. Not only that they also removed weight from every other area of the sled.

Your right I think I am done reading, this topic is getting old. You can take 6 ten pound bowling balls off the front, that doesnt mean they just didnt move it somewhere else on the sled. Wight can be redistributed anywhere and marketing people can say we "removed it from the front" but weight is weight. Yes the 177 hp helps hide it but it is still there.
I think I am going to stop reading and go sit in my garage and day dream about the mods I am doing this summer to my Nytro and be happy doing it!

Same with me jp111,mods to my sled are planned this summer(OFT front bushing kit).And yes,the warrior is a keeper ditchbanger.(bought and paid for :jump: ).

Dano said:
NFLD-Nytro said:
A gas tank for grown-ups, the gauge package off the Apex, handwarmers and switch gear that make sense, and some storage, and they'd have an attractive sled again.

agree 100%, this is where yamie misses the boat. I love my Nytro, but I don't plan on changing my fuel tank again and upgrading everything that should have been done prior. I don't mind modding to personalize a sled, but seeing the competition out there, seems to be better alternatives for now. Unfortunate sales have to drop before certain issues get addressed.

Dan
That is so true. Yamaha needs to make more of an effort at yearly improvements to keep their products fresh until some serious updates are ready. And for simple things, like the handwarmer switches, there's simply no excuse after 3 or 4 years.

vector06 said:
Cat put their no smokes on a major diet. Yamaha needs to do the same...

Diet????

XF 1100T lxr 552 dry
XF 1100T Sno Pro 548 dry

Wheres the diet???? My XTX(stock) is 630lbs full of fluids and ready to ride. You fill up the cats and they weigh more.

Bamboo said:
vector06 said:
Cat put their no smokes on a major diet. Yamaha needs to do the same...

Diet????

XF 1100T lxr 552 dry
XF 1100T Sno Pro 548 dry

Wheres the diet???? My XTX(stock) is 630lbs full of fluids and ready to ride. You fill up the cats and they weigh more.

Compared to the 2011 Turbos that is a MAJOR diet.

Back