• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sorry Yamaha 10,000 kms and no new changes so bye bye

ryetarded

Pro
regretfully had to pull the pin on yamaha and purchase a new arctic cat 4 stroke turbo. sad day but the price of the nytro is very similiar to the cat with a turbo . if yamaha gets things going again with the nytro i will come back but for now .......im sick with green . In canada they aren't even offering an RTX model nytro for 2012 .. wtf just the base model. was happy with the price i got for my sled after much much use :yam:

Well ill cya back on a yamaha next year then :Rockon:

I saw the new Cats at the Sno show in Old Forge a couple weeks ago. They are sweet - no doubt. Whether the hold up mechanically - well that's the question. Maybe it is a local thing - but I see more Cats sitting at the road crossings waiting to be picked up than any other sled out there... by far. But I'd say again - it is a sweet machine!

Dimebag said:
What issues with the Nytro could possibly justify buying a Cat?

I doubt their trouble free...

Bushings, ball joints, subframes, cold start issues, ski's, tunnel icing, exhaust donuts, low fuel range, poorly valved suspension, I think that is a pretty good list.

I love my Nytro...... after dumping a pretty penny into it. Part of MY reasoning to buy a new AC was I typically upgrade every 3-4 years, since there has been 0 changes to the Nytro I couldn't justify buying the same thing I have now. FWIW my 06 F7 had absolutely zero issues in 5,550 miles. Original hyfax and only some wear items replaced, but I was sick of stinky 2strokes, no reverse, no e-start, etc. so I bought the Nytro. I hope Yamaha gives me something to bring me back in a few years, I love the people and the support here on TY and Yamaha makes a very nice sled, they just need to look at some of the little things that add up.

Ok well we will see you later than !!! The best of luck with the cat ..I would never buy a cat , them F##### pulled out of the shop i worked at and then a or almost a year later they closed down .

PS
keep a tow rope with you ;)!

Have you ever listened to the sound of a two cylinder four stroke?

stopdropanroll said:
Bushings, ball joints, subframes, cold start issues, ski's, tunnel icing, exhaust donuts, low fuel range, poorly valved suspension, I think that is a pretty good list.

Dimebag said:
What issues with the Nytro could possibly justify buying a Cat?

Hehe, I repeat myself.. I sure hope the new cats are gonna hold up good. But i have my doubts.. It ain't no Yamaha.

09nytro said:
Ok well we will see you later than !!! The best of luck with the cat ..I would never buy a cat , them F##### pulled out of the shop i worked at and then a or almost a year later they closed down .

PS
keep a tow rope with you ;)!

I always do!

Attachments

• 2210503310MdUZoR.jpg
    2210503310MdUZoR.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 144
Guys, I am not trying to bash. I am just pointing out the things that make me wonder, yes the motors are rock solid but if you cant get it started how good is a rock solid motor?? I hope I am back, I like owning a Yamaha and I like this site, but I do not wear blue goggles and I am not brand loyal. There are to many good sleds out there to be brand loyal. I am in the automotive business and it's the same thing on that side, I get a chance to drive allot of different brand new cars from all sorts of different manufactures, I am a chevy guy but they have some good and some bad just as everyone does. The Nytro falls into the "missed the mark" category for me. Nice sled but just doesn't do anything overly well, I am NOT calling it a piece of *&%# I jst want something that is a true crossover.

miner said:
Have you ever listened to the sound of a two cylinder four stroke?
What the heck does that have to do with anything? Ever changed a fuel pump relay at -20c and windchill -35c ? Before jumping to yamaha in 07, my "pos "700 xfire had 3700m in 1 season and original hyfax. Like stopdropanrol says, if your in the market for a new sled what are you going to buy? Another Nytro?

Back