• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Speedo very inaccurate

Matt 7000

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 zr 7000 limited
Hey guys i have a 2016 arctic cat 7000 and the speedo is way off, its at the dealer now and they have had no luck figuring it out. The sled will run 96 mph on radar buthe the speedo only shows 62, Anyone else have or have heard of this concern?

Hey guys i have a 2016 arctic cat 7000 and the speedo is way off, its at the dealer now and they have had no luck figuring it out. The sled will run 96 mph on radar buthe the speedo only shows 62, Anyone else have or have heard of this concern?

Yep, if you had your chain case apart and one of the magnets fall out, its has to go in a certain way or it will skip the reading... I think the polarity of the 8 magnets have to alternate.

Thanks, seeing as the dealer swapped the track i guess ill call them

Yup, that is what is wrong.

I changed my drive axle to a 2012 XF drive axle with 2.52 drivers for asphalt. My speedo read 28mph going thru the traps.

Guess im up shits creek, they changed everything but the main harness and nothing fixed it, speed sensor, magnets, cluster assembly. Called the factory, yup this will be a long winter.

I had some warranty work done on my chain case and driveshaft. They updated everything and replaced bearings. I have the same result. Told dealer about it and they had me bring it back. I had them reflash computer (with the latest update dated Dec 21, 2016) computer to see if that was the problem. No snow to ride it now, will update asap. I hope it isn't the magnet issue as mentioned above. If it is, I'll take it back in the spring. Frustrating!

Guess im up shits creek, they changed everything but the main harness and nothing fixed it, speed sensor, magnets, cluster assembly. Called the factory, yup this will be a long winter.
It's just the speedo man RIDE IT! Best of all you'll be registering lower miles 4 better resale. I couldn't tell you the last time I even looked at my speedometer.

I also had work done on chaincase 1 1\2 years ago and hasn't been at dealer since. Couldn't ride last year due to medical. On trip last week noticed Speedo 100km/hour, GPS 135km/hour. At the dealer right now getting checked out and new flash done. Hopefully hear tomorrow what they have found. if nothing else at least not putting actual km on odometer.

Old thread but I am having the same issue with my 16 viper reading about half speed. I had the newest update done yesterday Jan 19/21, but still the same problem. Was there actually an issue with the magnets causing this? thanks

It's just the speedo man RIDE IT! Best of all you'll be registering lower miles 4 better resale. I couldn't tell you the last time I even looked at my speedometer.
Agree, I look at the tack and engine temp mostly

Old thread but I am having the same issue with my 16 viper reading about half speed. I had the newest update done yesterday Jan 19/21, but still the same problem. Was there actually an issue with the magnets causing this? thanks

Who did the work on it? I would guess the magnets are in wrong.

Back