• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Split Rail Skis - Fact or Farce?

Ya there are a few similar designs ( dual keel ) but that doesn't meen they are all the same....Split Rails have a shallow keel....other than have dual keels they are nothing alike.

I never said they are the same. I said there are less expensive alternatives.
If money is no object, that's fine. I recently bought dual carbide arrow ski, I'm very happy with it.

Re: Split Rail -

Sevey said:
There is one trail that turns 90 degrees in an open field that I would make 50% of the time. WIth the Split Rails I was taking that corner all the time and at 100kph.

A 90 degree turn at 100kph?? :-o

NFLD-Nytro said:
Sevey said:
There is one trail that turns 90 degrees in an open field that I would make 50% of the time. WIth the Split Rails I was taking that corner all the time and at 100kph.

:jump:

NFLD-Nytro said:
Sevey said:

My friend tried that in his fathers CTS when they first came out, lets just say he and the ditch were very intimate. LaLaLa

I don't know about the split rails but I will say that skis made a HUGE difference in how my Nytro handles. If the split rails perform the same essential function, I would guess you'll be very happy. I've never thought twice about the coin I dropped on the Curves with the LE. Worth every penny IMO.

I bought a pair last year and installed them on my Nytro XTX. My buddy also put a pair on a Renegade. Both of us will never drive a sled with out them. The speed increase in cornering is awesome. Through the bush you now have control and can aggressively force the other to have to really work to keep up. In loose snow conditions they just rail around corners.

Best upgrade I ever did. Yes it is a big bill but no regrets. Some will say because I spent the money I'm not going to admit it was a bad investment. Unfortunately no one here can personally vouch for my honest opinion. I can admit and many will agree, the Doo's do naturally handle better than a Nytro. The suspension is harsh on a Nytro and I spent big bucks on a sled that we know has handling issues and a tank that is too small. I have no problem admitting that, but Yamaha does make a sled that doesn't die. With split rails skis, and a trail tank, Yamaha heaters this sled will now out perform Doo's, Cats, Polaris.

With our riding buddies we will pick on each others brand, but they will all admit, it will usually be my Nytro that pulls them back out. :-o :yam: :yam:

AWESOME feedback! thank you all. Please keep it coming. I'm currently running C&A XT's and they do good for traditional style skis, but I have been on the fence for a while about the split rails. As it sits I am currently on a $15,000 ride already after upgrades and mods, and not a single one of these upgrades or mods have costed $1,100 by itself. That is a lot of ching for 1 mod, not to mention my wife will flip a lid if I go through with it, and she finds out what I spent on a pair of ski's. ;):D
Thanks Again!

:rocks:

00-NUKE said:
AWESOME feedback! thank you all. Please keep it coming. I'm currently running C&A XT's and they do good for traditional style skis, but I have been on the fence for a while about the split rails. As it sits I am currently on a $15,000 ride already after upgrades and mods, and not a single one of these upgrades or mods have costed $1,100 by itself. That is a lot of ching for 1 mod, not to mention my wife will flip a lid if I go through with it, and she finds out what I spent on a pair of ski's. ;):D
Thanks Again!

They are not skis, they are a pair of shoes. There is always room in the closet for shoes in a womans eyes. Tell her they matched your suit and they were on sale. It would seem that no price is too much if it is on sale.

00-NUKE said:
Thanks Again!

better to ask for forgivness than permission....... :bling

They now back it up with a money back guarantee.

Attachments

• 388371_10150431010500488_245518415487_8721423_127998608_n.jpg
    388371_10150431010500488_245518415487_8721423_127998608_n.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 138

Back