• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sr Viper Rtx vs A-C race sled

Assuming yamaha is using cat's consumer chassis, less bracing and i'm not sure if the viper gets the same chassis updates as the 2013 600, such as increased running board angle and light weight parts here and there

Petterssonmotorsport said:
2lapsdown said:
They are not even close.
whats the difference ?
the reason I ask is if it is worth buying one for racing or if you have to deviate from Yamaha completely
You will be able to race the Viper in XC, it just depends how serious you want to be about it. Not a lot of similar part numbers between the 13 SP 600 and say a 13 Cat consumer sled. If you think you are going to race any type of snowcross....buy a race sled.

Okey, No XC it is snowcross i Think, I have race one seson now whith the Nytro and is too Heavy, I like the Yamaha so i had to ask if it was Worth it.. but the Viper rtx is far away from the sp 600 cat?

The Rtx do not come to sweden so i need do import it like a race sled if i want one.

Not sure about the rules in Sweden. I'm a cross country guy. If you are going to race snow cross seriously, you need to have a dedicated snow cross race sled, and despite the new chassis being lighter than the Nytro, you will still not be competive due to the non specialized chassis, and the weight disadvantage of a four stroke. Sorry if I could not be of more help!

A SnoPro 600 is closer to a AC RR than to a Viper. Totally different skid,tunnel,shocks,clutch on Viper.The guys who race the SnoPro 600 dont need to do any reinforcing of anything. If I were to race a Viper XC I would start with a RR skid and go from there.

cannondale27 said:
A SnoPro 600 is closer to a AC RR than to a Viper. Totally different skid,tunnel,shocks,clutch on Viper.The guys who race the SnoPro 600 dont need to do any reinforcing of anything. If I were to race a Viper XC I would start with a RR skid and go from there.

Does the reinforcements from snopro 600 also fit on the viper?

Shocks, clutch setup is a easier fix, Its the skid and chassis That maybe need some work then,

Many people think that I'm stupid not to switch brands to Doo or AC but Yamaha is close to the heart, thats why I ask.. :yam:

Any one knows the weight on rtx yet??

This should be in the head to head forum its just going to spread around false info in the viper forum.

Back