• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sr Viper xtx 2020

Just let me know when it's safe to buy a viper... it's been a long damn wait. I ride solo often. Crunched starter gears are not an option.
That they fixed. You know I have 15000 mi on mine. Did make me walk last year but I believe that was self inflicted with aftermarket part. Other than that it’s always started and always made it home on its own. If it died permanently it doesn’t owe me anything and honestly I would buy another. No turbo for me. More #*$&@ to go wrong and I would not stop with mods till I got hurt so no real other choice any brand except maybe that 18 7000 Limited I had my eye on.

That's encouraging info, thanks. Nobody seems to be happy with the latest flash however and the Viper's reputation seems is pretty well soiled at this point. I'm keeping an open mind and watching for more positive posts like yours.

Last edited:
That's encouraging info, thanks. Nobody seems to be happy with the latest flash however and the Viper's reputation seems is pretty well soiled at this point. I'm keeping an open mind and watching for more positive post like yours.
I hear you. I had a stall once and the idle sounds like a Alcohol Dragster but it has been very reliable.

I love my 2016 Viper. Once properly set up and adjusted to your taste they are great sleds. It's not started 2 times when -10 but both times were first runs of the year with some old gas. If it's got fresh fuel it's started at -15 just fine. Still has stock flash cause I haven't seen enough people happy with the new ones. It idles nice and steady at 1500 rpm. I don't care that it has the rods that can't be turboed because like Canondale I don't want a turbo. It's plenty fast for trail riding and will out pull a lot of 800's out of the hole once you get it set up, they will go by you eventually on top but I expect them to. They do need some help with clutching and I was not a fan of the tuner ski's so I switched to the Cat skis. And you need to get Roc's HID's but other then that every thing I have done has been preventative to avoid future trouble like BOP 's suspension upgrades and JT's tri hub eliminator and 4 wheel kit. I guess the best thing I can say is I would buy another one if I needed to replace the one I have.

Good to hear I may buy one but I would like a MTX but they dont make them any more which is sad but will se what the future brings

Heard rumors that the new viper 2020 will have 10 more hp if so they are going to be able to compete with the slow 800cc to. Were I live turbo is illegal... and the police can take your snowmobile for it..
Where is that where turbo's are illegal?

Where is that where turbo's are illegal?
In Sweden you are not allowed to change the vehicles appearance in big modifications or the engine power. So if Yamaha had made the viper with turbo stock no problems but thats not the case

In Sweden you are not allowed to change the vehicles appearance in big modifications or the engine power. So if Yamaha had made the viper with turbo stock no problems but thats not the case

So is the newest flash (came out in January-February of 2019) the same as the 2020 flash? Yamaha says it’s a new flash for the 2020 vipers and it has more power.
Anyone think Yamaha will give us older model viper owners a flash for more power?

So is the newest flash (came out in January-February of 2019) the same as the 2020 flash? Yamaha says it’s a new flash for the 2020 vipers and it has more power.
Anyone think Yamaha will give us older model viper owners a flash for more power?
Well the reseller I spoke to said that there wasn’t more power in the new flash just even better cold start qualities

I have ha Nytro TTX (ohlins) and thinking about buying the newest Viper but is it lighter and better?? Any one who knows?
its no secret the nytro consistently carried about 50 lbs of snow/ice under tunnel due to the rear exhaust. The smooth clean tunnel under Viper has no heat source, which is a huge plus IMO.

Dan

its no secret the nytro consistently carried about 50 lbs of snow/ice under tunnel due to the rear exhaust. The smooth clean tunnel under Viper has no heat source, which is a huge plus IMO.

Dan
Yes I will keep that in mind

Back