• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sta-bil alternative

Snowaddict

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX-LE
TWITTER
mstahl88
Have been told stabil isn't effective now in the 4 strokes due to ethanol in todays gas. What can I use then for summerization?

seafoam

1 full can in each sled? I have tried some during the season. I have about 3/4 of a can. Guess I better get 2 more.

Stabil has a new additive now for ethanol. Its called stabil marine formula. Ive been using this now. Supposed to work for all ethanol fuels.

I actually don't think its that new anymore. I remember seeing it about a year ago in the marine section at a local store.

Re: seafoam

Snowaddict said:
1 full can in each sled? I have tried some during the season. I have about 3/4 of a can. Guess I better get 2 more.

I don't put nearly that much in mine. Forget off the top of my head the amount, but I follow the manu's recommendations. I am adding to a full tank and then running the sled till the fan comes on, so I know it is well warmed up and the seafoam should have gotten into the entire fuel system.

Yep, current stabil is designed for pure-gas and up to E-15 fuel. Read the bottle to confirm you have the right stuff.

STABIL HAS A FORMULA SPECIFICALLY TO ADRESS THE ALCOHOL IN THE GAS IT'S DARK GREEN IN COLOR

Back